Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Post your photos from the meet-up here.

OK, here we go...
This is a selection of some of the images from the trip. I haven't even looked at all my shots yet...I just wanted to get some up here quickly.

#1 Elk
IMG_5310-FR-web.jpg

#2 Elk
IMG_5315-FR-web.jpg

#3 Black Bear
IMG_5342-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5376-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5588-FR-web.jpg

#6 Colombia Ground Squirrel
IMG_5603-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5609-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5640-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5666-FR-web.jpg

#10 Tangle Falls
IMG_5692-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5703-FR-web.jpg

#12 Lake Louise
IMG_5840-FR-web.jpg

#13 Lake Louise
IMG_5853-FR-web.jpg

#14 Lake Louise
IMG_5857-FR-web.jpg

#15 Lake Louise
IMG_5863-FR-web.jpg

#16 Paint Pots
IMG_5876-FR-web.jpg

#17 Paint Pots
IMG_5889-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5897-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5937-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5941-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5966-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5967-FR-web.jpg

#23 Athabasca Falls
IMG_5972-FR-web.jpg

#24 Athabasca Falls
IMG_5986-FR-web.jpg

what an amazing place!

props on the good shots mike!

the one with the canoe, are those buddies of yours you put out there?

i got on google earth, and found lake louise in alberta, same place?

also, google earth makes it all look pretty developed, is it? if so what a shame . . . is it hard to hide the roads and buildings and stuff?

Welcome back, Mike.
Tell us: who all came to the meet-up?
Will there be TPF-member pics? The Salute?

The ones you started out with are absolutely and totally stunning! Wow-wow-wow-y! The countryside is amazing. Wonderful. Lovely. Enormous, and you captured it sooooooo well. The reflection photos are very impressive! But so is the bear! And how come you could get that close to the elk. "Elk"???????? You're sure?

And hey, this should be stickied to the top of the General Gallery for ALL to see, for WHO is coming down to "past meet-ups", I wonder??? It is the most RECENT one. Let it get the attention it merits! I shall move it.

We can always move it into "storage" down here when it`ll have run its course, for the time being, however...... Off to the General Gallery and to be stickied!!!

Here is the bear a little closer!

blackbear7.jpg

Jeff has some "salute' shots, Im sure he will post them later.
I see you captured the rainbow at Athabasca Falls Mike ,well done.
I am orf out of town for a while will post some more upon my return.

We saw this magnificant bull elk on the southern leg.

IMG_4481.jpg

MIKE!!
#6 Colombia Ground Squirrel ,has rather long claws, looks like Freddie Kruger!

the one with the canoe, are those buddies of yours you put out there?
Nobody than I knew. Actually, after about 10:00am, it hard to get a shot of Lake Louise without a bunch on canoes there. Even at 8:00-9:00, it's hard to walk around the lake because of all the tourists there.

i got on google earth, and found lake Louise in Alberta, same place?

also, google earth makes it all look pretty developed, is it? if so what a shame . . . is it hard to hide the roads and buildings and stuff?
I think there is only one Lake Louise...so that must have been what you found. There is a small town (a village, actually) called Lake Louise...and it's named for this lake. The lake is a 10 minute drive from the village but there is a rather large chateau right at the lake. And Yes, there are plenty of sights in the mountains where it is hard to get a shot without some sign of civilization or without some people.

Tell us: who all came to the meet-up?
Will there be TPF-member pics? The Salute?
For the first few days, in the Banff/Lake Louise area....we had Jeff Canes, Cyber Surfer (Roy), Jack Lumber (Bob) and myself. We were hoping that Peanuts was going to show up...but I guess she was too busy.
On Thursday, Bob left us and three of us made our way to the Jasper area. We then met up with SpeedTrap (Sean) and his wife (Michelle)...and their dog, Jasper.

I do have several shots of the others, and even a TFP salute somewhere....I get it it eventually.

Nice shots. I was hoping for some LF view camera stuff considering the landscapes, but these SLR shots are great as well.

holy postcards Mike... stunning shots. you were using a polarizer, yes? please say yes.

Great shots Sean, you must have got that woodpecker on Saturday? Did you make it to down to Amaythist lake?

you were using a polarizer, yes? please say yes.
Absolutely :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back