Recommend older Nikon lenses for d7200

I have bought a lot of photo gear from eBay but all of it was lighting -related. I have never bought a single lens from Ebay that I can recall. I have bought almost all of my used lenses from Portland Oregon's Pro Photo Supply, and so I have had the luxury of a first-hand examination of a used lens. I have bought a couple from independent sellers off of Craigslist. I have also bought a few used lenses from an amazing store located in Oregon called Focal Point Photography which is in my old hometown of Dallas, Oregon. Mike Lowery was the founder and proprietor of the store, but after about 35 years in business , earlier this year he sold it to a young man who had been in his employ for about seven years I guess. Focal Point has a wide array of used camera lenses, but they don't really do selling over the internet, but I can assure you it is a first-rate photo gear store, and I highly recommend checking them out. As far as a 28-80mm AF-D for $71 from Japan, I think that sounds reasonable for a lens that is truly in mint condition.

I have found that "buying condition" as they say has paid off, but one of the best lenses I ever had was a beat-up 135mm F2 afd defocus control that a local area newspaper professional had carried daily for about 10 years. Even though it was well-worn, it was an exceptional lens.

I have heard that some of the lenses from Japan are truly mint or otherwise in very fine condition, which is something collectors prize. Japan has lots of people who collect photo gear. I see lots of great-looking lenses and cameras for sale on eBay advertised as being from Japan, but as I said I did have an outlet for my used camera needs and I have not bought lenses from eBay.
Thanks again for being so helpful!

The only place on ebay I recommed is Roberts camera. You can type this in the ebay search engine.... seller:robertscamera and you can see their listings. They also have a website that usually offers the exact same product but for a little less... Used Photo Pro...UsedPhotoPro

They are accurate, maybe even a little consevative in their ratings and have 90 day warranty.
Thanks! I will check them out.

I
The only place on ebay I recommed is Roberts camera. You can type this in the ebay search engine.... seller:robertscamera and you can see their listings. They also have a website that usually offers the exact same product but for a little less... Used Photo Pro...UsedPhotoPro

They are accurate, maybe even a little consevative in their ratings and have 90 day warranty.
I ordered a 28-80 d from UsedPhotoPro, in “very good” condition, this afternoon. Price, including shipping (free) was $36. Thanks again. I’ve already gotten $36 worth of fun out of this! And now, when I post a blurry photo I can say, “That’s because the lens was only rated “very good.”

I

I ordered a 28-80 d from UsedPhotoPro, in “very good” condition, this afternoon. Price, including shipping (free) was $36. Thanks again. I’ve already gotten $36 worth of fun out of this! And now, when I post a blurry photo I can say, “That’s because the lens was only rated “very good.”

Lol. We were passing it around in the lens across america last year. I used it and it blew my mind on the image quality. It felt cheap but the images were splendid. I would have bought one but I scored a nice Nikon F4 w/ Af-d 24-85 2.8-4 for next to nothing really. I rarely use it and was surprised to see how expensive this lens is. It too is very sharp and contrasty. Your gonna be real surprised by this lens, $36 is super. Wait and see how good it is.

I

Lol. We were passing it around in the lens across america last year. I used it and it blew my mind on the image quality. It felt cheap but the images were splendid. I would have bought one but I scored a nice Nikon F4 w/ Af-d 24-85 2.8-4 for next to nothing really. I rarely use it and was surprised to see how expensive this lens is. It too is very sharp and contrasty. Your gonna be real surprised by this lens, $36 is super. Wait and see how good it is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back