Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dislike

1. Battery life
2. No dual cards
3. Can’t compose shot without turning camera on
4. I don’t have T Rex hands
5. AF is crap

1. Will eventually drive down the price of real camera gear.

Feel free to add to the list

On my G9

1. Battery life is great
2. Dual card not a problem
3. AF works just fine
4. About one third of the weight of my Nikon gear...:)

Last edited:
Good digital viewfinders eliminated the need for optical viewfinders that require mirrors which make for larger and heavier cameras.

Each has it's place.
I migrated for most of my photography to micro 4/3 (mirrorless), because of the significant weight and size reduction.
But I still use a dSLR for fast sports.

I went from a D40 to D7000 then sold up and went to Sony a7ii. I couldn’t get onboard with it, balance was awkward with bigger lenses, battery was terrible, never had any af issues or anything but it just wasn’t comfortable for me so I sold up and went to back to DSLR. To each their own, I’d guess maybe I’ll look into the next gen Nikon Z but I’m in no hurry, I love the D850.

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

G9 number of shots: 380

Where did you get this information.....

On my Fuji X-T3 on one battery charge I can clear over 1,000 shots.
It has two card slots.
AF is fantastic.
Always have a spare battery too and SD cards.

On my X100F
One card slot but not fussed.
AF is great.
Have spare battery too.
Can take over 700 shots on one charge.
I love my lightweight X cameras.

Let's be honest, a mirror flapping about inside the body is 1950's technology. It should have died out with ground glass screens, twin lenses, light meters, bellows and trilbies with 'Press' labels in the hatband.

With the latest mirrorless cameras able to match dslr's for action focussing, and beat them in other areas, the only reason to have a mirror is if you shoot film, or when shaving.

There are mirrorless bodies with two card slots, and the physical size of dslr's, if that's what you need. This race is now over.

Canon and Nikon know that - that's why they released new mirrorless models.

Last edited:
Trouble is Nikon and Canon have a lot of catching up to do...

1. Insane max shutter speeds / complete silent shooting operation where it may be critical.
2. exposure constant preview.
3. faster fps with some then any DSLR on the planet.
4.depending on make/model much less conspicuous and much better choice for street and travel photography and many are small enough to fit in a small bag or a large jacket pocket depending on the lens.
5. Not to have to mess with back focus or front focus issues is a god send, not that mirrorless is perfect they can have there own set issues but the fine tune crap is a pita especially with zoom lenses setting up charts sucks just makes me feel so warm and fuzzy and oh what a freaking joy it is. I rather have brain surgery.

Last edited:
Trouble is Nikon and Canon have a lot of catching up to do...

Yes, but the Z6 and Z7 have significantly narrowed the gap. Just needs some more lenses and some small improvements in spec (and a lower price!).

Lordy, another my camera is better than yours/my camera will always be better than yours thread... ;);););)

We insist that it's the photographer and not the camera... So how come we don't compare photographers then?

Two photographs, two photographers, two cameras, a D850 and a Z7, and I bet we launch into a discussion of the automation and programming, how the OVF is better than the EVF, how the confidence of two card slots is equally visible in the photograph. We compare cameras, we look for the difference in the cameras that makes photo "A" easier to achieve, we set out to prove that it is indeed the camera after all, (it is our intelligent and independant choice as a photographer to use these features that defines photography, we are still in control, it's still the photographer... ;);););)).

Automation is so good that monkeys can take pictures, monkeys have taken pictures.

I'm beginning to wonder about the sanity on certain forums, all they ever discuss is how the camera works to the n'th degree of automation. They don't seem to see beyond the camera and what *it* does, trying define photography by the logic of the camera. I sometimes wonder if they actually see photographers or photographs at all and whether their world has morphed into something equivalent to "The Matrix" where they look through viewfinders and just see a steady stream of numbers rolling down... ;);););)

3. Can’t compose shot without turning camera on

You need to turn any digital camera on in order for it to work, especially if you're relying on AF when composing... ;);););)

Last edited:
Get what works for you for the reasons it works for you. Simple. You don’t buy Nike because of sponsors or great reviews, you don’t Levi because they’re cool and hip again, you don’t drink Carlsberg because it’s the best beer in the world (it isn’t) ... each photographer owns a tool that allows them to capture and utilise their vision freely, easily and with confidence... this thread should be locked :D

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

This thread is why forums die......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back