Pricing for my gear

florotory

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.florotory.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First off hopefully I am posting this in the right spot. I didn't post in classified section cause it's not for sale...yet.

I have been contemplating selling my gear to upgrade to a Full Frame Nikon. To do that is need to sell some of my gear or all of it. I thought about keeping the D3xxx as a backup but idk yet.

So my question is can someone give me an est. of what I should ask for my gear.
IMG_2878.JPG
IMG_2880.JPG
IMG_2879.JPG
IMG_2881.JPG

The list is:
Nikon D7100 (less than 5000 shutter count)
Nikon D3300 (less than 200 shutter count)
3 extra batteries for the D7100 (non Nikon but work awesome)
Battery grip for the Nikon (off brand but works great)
2x Nikon 18-55mm kit lenses
Nikon 50mm 1.8 prime
Nikon 35mm 1.8 prime
Nikon 55-200mm 4-5.6 lens
Nikon 70-300mm 4.5-5.6 lens
Nikon D7100 photography book 400pgs
Nikon camera bag

I MIGHT have the boxes to most of the gear. But not 100% sure. I'd have to dig around in the closet. I tend to keep all boxes to everything. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Last edited:
Nikon 30mm 1.8 prime???

Since nobody has offered to price your gear, I will offer this: Visit the usual online sellers of used gear and get an average (or matched up with the price/condition of their offerings).

E-bay has lots of examples, but we have to rely on the seller to grade the items correctly (or trust them). Sites like Adorama, B&H, and KEH will grade their offerings correctly, and they explain what those grades mean. Not every site will have every example, but you should get some idea.

Also, decide if you will include shipping or not, and get some estimates of how much that would be. Finally, give yourself some wiggle room to be able to accept lower offers. Bundle some items together, such as the batteries and charger that goes with each body, etc.

Be very specific as to which exact model of lens, as some models are inherently better and will command a higher price than their otherwise-featured sisters.

Personally, I think you should keep the 50mm.

Value of used lenses will depend very much on their condition. Although the bodies are low shutter count, fungus is apparently more likely to take hold while lenses are in storage...

It should be fairly easy to judge used prices by looking at e-bay SOLD prices for the items you have. A quick look at the listings will usually help work out which are similar quality to yours.

Since nobody has offered to price your gear, I will offer this: Visit the usual online sellers of used gear and get an average (or matched up with the price/condition of their offerings).

E-bay has lots of examples, but we have to rely on the seller to grade the items correctly (or trust them). Sites like Adorama, B&H, and KEH will grade their offerings correctly, and they explain what those grades mean. Not every site will have every example, but you should get some idea.

Also, decide if you will include shipping or not, and get some estimates of how much that would be. Finally, give yourself some wiggle room to be able to accept lower offers. Bundle some items together, such as the batteries and charger that goes with each body, etc.

Be very specific as to which exact model of lens, as some models are inherently better and will command a higher price than their otherwise-featured sisters.

Personally, I think you should keep the 50mm.

Why should I keep the 50? Thanks

Why should I keep the 50?
I don't know. Don't you think you would ever use it again? I happen to like mine, so I would hate to part with it. If you don't think you will ever use it, then of course sell it.

Would it work with a FF camera still?
Yes.

Since you're going to get a "full frame" camera, you might want to consider what lenses you will need/want.

Yes.

Since you're going to get a "full frame" camera, you might want to consider what lenses you will need/want.

I though my current lenses would only have certain functions work with FF camera. I'm not very good with what equipment interchanges. If all my lenses will work fine on A FF then I'll just sell the bodies of my current cameras and keep the lenses. (Except the 18-55's)

Yes.

I though my current lenses would only have certain functions work with FF camera. I'm not very good with what equipment interchanges. If all my lenses will work fine on A FF then I'll just sell the bodies of my current cameras and keep the lenses. (Except the 18-55's)

Even a DX lens will "work" on a full-frame camera, you just put into "DX mode" so the processor will know what to do with the image.

When you get the "full frame" you can either put up with some vignetting or put it into DX mode, or sell the 35mm.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back