Please Help- Deadline - $$$- Turn night to daylight

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I have to turn 1 exterior photo of this house in to work by 5am on 10/7.

By the time I got to the house, it was dark.

I can NOT turn in a photo that looks like it was taken at night.

This is not as easy as adjusting the brightness and shadow protection, all my attempts look horrible. While you are fixing with the photo, please also straighten or make whatever adjustments you can do make the photo look its best.

I will submit all my originals that I took, all I need is 1 photo to look like it was taken during the day, or just not pitch black at night.

****If you spend time helping me, then submit your attempt in this thread with a watermark over it, and post what your cost would be to post the photo with no watermark and your paypay account, and if we can agree, I will send you a payment.****

If you are reading this thread past 5am on 10/7/2013, then dont worry about it, my deadline has passed.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Is this challenge too tough?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah...even if the sky was replaced and the tones were fixed, the shadows would still be all wrong. :(

If I were you, I would just tell your "client" that you screwed up, and didn't get the shots.. and that you will reshoot for free during the appropriate time! Part of being a "PRO".. is being there when you are supposed to be.

If you had an emergency, I am sure your "client" will understand... if not, they are not worth the business! If it wasn't an emergency, well.. that is on you!

Last edited:
Yep, seems impossible. I will try and stall until 11am maybe, and re-shoot.

^ I dont even think CSI could help using the fake technology they use on the show! lol

$Ext-1.jpg

^ That was the shot I got on another house, right before it got dark. I am wondering if I can turn that one in, or if that is still too dark. After this, I had to drive 35 minutes to the next house, and by that time, well you know.

If you spend time helping me, then submit your attempt in this thread with a watermark over it, and post what your cost would be to post the photo with no watermark and your paypay account, and if we can agree, I will send you a payment.
Um, that's not very cool. You're asking people to invest their time and talent on the chance that their end product will be chosen above all others and an agreement will be reached on amount. All participants but one win..... maybe. No thank you. Not a very good way to treat your fellow photographers. That's spec work and it's not very popular in the design community and it's not very cool with post work. Either find someone who can deliver and enter into a contract with them or do as suggested above. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not going to tell someone that I will pay them, they do work that is subjective like this would be, then I dont like it, yet they still want to get paid.

If I said remove X, or had something that could was cut and dry, then that would be different.

Plus, if someone doesnt agree to work on it under the terms that I said, then that is fine, they dont have to, I am not forcing anyone.

I am not going to tell someone that I will pay them, they do work that is subjective like this would be, then I dont like it, yet they still want to get paid.
That's why you seek out a professional. Someone who has a proven track record of being able to handle things like this. You look at their past work, discuss the scope of work with them and then decide if you feel comfortable entering into a contract with them. You know, kind of like hiring a trial lawyer. It's in their best interest to provide you with top quality work and to explain what the limitations might be. A professional will decline the project it is simply impossible to pull off satisfactorily. Anything less than this and you take your chances. I agree with your last statement. You are indeed not forcing anyone. Let's see if you have anyone step forward that is willing or better yet able to pull this off on your terms. Once again, no thanks and good luck with dat.

Most reactions

Back