Pastels and Watercolors (and a few other art media)

lol if you knew my job you’d be laughing your ass off. Can you hear me now?

Let's can that one, then. It's more fun when we can paint/sketch what we like.

I was also thinking pets, but that's just not my cuppa. Outdoor scenes seem more generous.

A general landscape? We can each decide if we want to include a water element or not.

Better? :lol:

Sunflower painting evolution.

1st attempt looked more like black eyed Susan’s.
IMG_7767.jpeg

Added more to the centers to make them look more like sunflowers. But the larger dark centers washed out the flowers.

IMG_7835.jpeg

Added another, darker set of petals - more orange mixed with the yellow this time. Also added a tiny bit of green which I really love and might add a little more of that. I’m so glad that I didnt give up on this one. It’s one of my favorites now! Debating adding a bee but will need to practice that first.

IMG_7864.jpeg

OK, Sharon. You are shaming me away. Love them.

Landscapes will work.

Let's can that one, then. It's more fun when we can paint/sketch what we like.

I was also thinking pets, but that's just not my cuppa. Outdoor scenes seem more generous.

A general landscape? We can each decide if we want to include a water element or not.

Better? :lol:
Love it but it’s your choice and we can go with your first prompt if you want. I was just being fresh.

I can work with either one.

Somewhere around here i have a "coloring book" of drawings I did of folks in PD communications, while a dispatcher.

Sunflower painting evolution.

1st attempt looked more like black eyed Susan’s.
View attachment 274890

Added more to the centers to make them look more like sunflowers. But the larger dark centers washed out the flowers.

View attachment 274891

Added another, darker set of petals - more orange mixed with the yellow this time. Also added a tiny bit of green which I really love and might add a little more of that. I’m so glad that I didnt give up on this one. It’s one of my favorites now! Debating adding a bee but will need to practice that first.

View attachment 274892
These look absolutely ethereal! I agree about the larger dark centers slightly overpowering the delicate petals in the middle one - but it's kinda cool!

The last one just nails it. It's wonderful how good you're becoming with this new medium! Applause!

Love it but it’s your choice and we can go with your first prompt if you want. I was just being fresh.
Okay - let's go with communication, just to break you out of your comfort zone. ;) I think you could tackle any kind of flower at this stage and just own it!

We can interpret this challenge concept any old way that suits. And we can take all the time we need, no rush. :)

OK, Sharon. You are shaming me away. Love them.

Landscapes will work.
Thank you, you’re too kind. I greatly appreciate your encouragement!

These look absolutely ethereal! I agree about the larger dark centers slightly overpowering the delicate petals in the middle one - but it's kinda cool!

The last one just nails it. It's wonderful how good you're becoming with this new medium! Applause!

Thanks so much! I do really love working with the ink, it’s a lot of fun! Not sure what I’m going to do when Princess comes home next week and I lose my “studio” corner in her room.

Hey @limr, wanna come play with us?

The first very rough sketch is done. It is loosely based on a tower near here. 10x14 sketch book, F pencil. I’m not sure how I’m going to do this one. It begs for super straight lines in marker or India ink with softer foliage and background.

IMG_0149.jpeg

Sharon: try a bouquet, maybe even some roses. They can communicate, right?

The first very rough sketch is done. It is loosely based on a tower near here. 10x14 sketch book, F pencil. I’m not sure how I’m going to do this one. It begs for super straight lines in marker or India ink with softer foliage and background.

View attachment 274916
Fun sketch!! I like it - you're off to a good start.

View attachment 274916

I do! I am reorganizing one of the storage areas and pulled out all my art supplies and am getting the bug again. Just holding on another week or two when the semester is truly over and things get a bit more settled at work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back