NYC Meetup 2007

Joe :shock: - these are your ONE AND ONLY pics from the meet-up!?!?!
You are kidding us.
Tell me that you are!
You can't mean that.
Must NOT mean that!
Eh!?!?!?

Corry, what a cool series.
Good to see Chris again (hey, that beard is gone, only a moustache stayed!), and to see Jim and Dave for the first time as photos. This is what I so like about meet-up pics! We get to see our members and can put faces to their screennames (and real names to them :D).

great job guys... looks like a blast... one of these days you may have to put up with an english guy on one of your meetups ;)

great job guys... looks like a blast... one of these days you may have to put up with an english guy on one of your meetups ;)

We already did! :lol: Whaddaya think the 'brit' in NYbrit stands for? :p

....but we'd BETTER have to put up with an English Angel someday. I demand it.

Heehee, and I can only recommend it.
He's good to have around for meet-ups! I know! :biggrin:

Can't wait to have you ALL over in May 2008!
That will be the ultimate BLAST! (I hope it'll come about in the way I am dreaming it up!)

Wonderful shots, everybody! :thumbup: Looks like you all had a good outing.

Jim - so nice to put a face with our esteemed TPF author. ;) Hope you kept that rowdy bunch in line!

Glad it was so fantastic. Looking forward to more pictures! :)

looks good! The pics and the meetup. I can't get enough of pics from NY. And Corry, the seagull is hilarious!

pascal

I was in NYC at the same time but didn't realize there was a meet-up... *smacks forehead. I ALSO had trouble getting good nite shots without a tripod handy but damn that Gorillapod must've come in handy *smacks forehead again.

:lol:

great shots everyone

Excellent shots, looks like a good time was had by all.

Here's my second load of photos, in no particular order:

10. Corry and Joe at the B&H superstore on Sunday. I took this by sticking my CF card in the demo 1Ds MkII model they had ;-)
nyc10.jpg

11. Another at B&H, this time taken with a 5D (I stuck my own 50mm lens on it for this one). I didn't realize until I looked at the EXIF data that the cam was set to ISO 1600, hehe. Seems to have some kind of high-ISO banding issue or something...
nyc29.jpg

12. Corry's camera
nyc11.jpg

13. Corry in Times Square on Friday night
nyc14.jpg

14. Funny billboard
nyc15.jpg

15. Flowery fountain, near City Hall (I think)
nyc12.jpg

nyc13.jpg

17. A bunch of photos of Corry and Joe on the subway
nyc16.jpg

nyc18.jpg

nyc19.jpg

nyc20.jpg

21. Joe setting up a shot with his gorillapod
nyc17.jpg

22. Seven World Trade Center
nyc22.jpg

23. Joe in front of the building
nyc23.jpg

24. In the hotel
nyc28.jpg

25. The next three are probably my three favorite shots from the whole meetup. These were taken on Sunday in the lobby of our hotel (it had a bright yellow wall)
nyc24.jpg

nyc25.jpg

nyc26.jpg

28. Jersey City
nyc27.jpg

That's the majority of my photos; I still might have a few more coming though
I have a few panoramas and HDRs that I still have to piece together

I LOVE the look on Joe's face in the one of the two of us! :lol: (and I totally want a print of that one!)

You got a lot of good ones, Sky...and the one of the ceiling in the hotel is a definitely a Joe shot. Good job on snaggin that one. :p

That first picture of me on the subway, leaning against the bar....was taken about 1/2 a second before the train suddenly started to brake, and I broke Joe's sunglasses! :lol:

Most reactions

Back