Large Format Digital Adapter Plate

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Stumbled across one of these FotodioX Pro Canon EOS Large Format 4 x 5 Adapter 4X5-EOS-P B&H and found it interesting. This one was for Canon, but they make them for all brands. Supposedly allows you to mount your DSLR to a 4x5 back. By moving the plate up/down/side to side, you can capture individual shots which you then stitch together post. Anyone used one of these, and comments on how well they work???

Can't comment on how well they work, but my first reaction is they're a solution in search of a problem.

Can't comment on how well they work, but my first reaction is they're a solution in search of a problem.

Maybe. Might depend on how accurately you could control the adjustment, and the stitching in post, but at the least a tortuous route to a digital 4x5, when you could simply scan a 4x5.

Maybe. Might depend on how accurately you could control the adjustment, and the stitching in post, but at the least a tortuous route to a digital 4x5, when you could simply scan a 4x5.

True that. With the cost of scanners equal to the cost of this gizmo, I'd much rather go that route. Plus, I'll still have a negative large enough to use that makes old-fashioned wet printing fun.

I tried one and quickly went back to shooting and developing film.

I spend more time trying to deal with stitching issues then I would spend developing and scanning film.

For stitching to work well you have to have about 30% overlapping on the images plus good content for the computer to match up. So stitching sky’s can be quite problematic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back