Just joing the group :-)

Just for giggles.
The Olympus E-M1 + 12-60 on the left and the Nikon D7200 + 18-140 on right.
According to the specs, the Olympus is 44% lighter than the Nikon.

camera comp EM1 vs D7200.jpg

RTFM
I have been working with the camera and manual all day, figuring out where things were, how to control what, etc. Like how do I change the ISO level, how do I change the screen review time, etc. I knew it was in there, but where?
I had to download an updated manual, as the menu had changed significantly from the printed manual.
The camera is nice, but different enough from my Nikon that learning it was aggravating, and of course the menu structure is different from Nikon. It's going to be a long learning curve. But I think I have the basics now, at least enough to go out and shoot.

RTFM
I have been working with the camera and manual all day, figuring out where things were, how to control what, etc. Like how do I change the ISO level, how do I change the screen review time, etc. I knew it was in there, but where?
I had to download an updated manual, as the menu had changed significantly from the printed manual.
The camera is nice, but different enough from my Nikon that learning it was aggravating, and of course the menu structure is different from Nikon. It's going to be a long learning curve. But I think I have the basics now, at least enough to go out and shoot.
Learning any new system is difficult. Keep up the practice!

I thought it was pretty complicated (my previous was Canon), but I quickly found my way around.

This is the problem when shooting with multiple systems; Canon P&S, Olympus m43, Nikon DX, Canon crop dslr
The controls and menus are different :(
I WILL eventually get it. But I don't have the flexible brain of a 20 year old, so it comes slower.

Something I just discovered. When I did a firmware update, it trashed all my prior configuration, so I had to go through the menu and do it all over again, trying to remember what I changed :( I need to write down the config, so it isn't so hard the next time I do a firmware update.

This is the problem when shooting with multiple systems; Canon P&S, Olympus m43, Nikon DX, Canon crop dslr
I WILL eventually get it. But I don't have the flexible brain of a 20 year old, so it comes slower.

Something I just discovered. When I did a firmware update, it trashed all my prior configuration, so I had to go through the menu and do it all over again, trying to remember what I changed :( I need to write down the config, so it isn't so hard the next time I do a firmware update.

It shouldn't. The updater is suppose to save your settings and replace them after the update. When you ran the update did it not day it was saving the settings? If it did but didn't put them back after you can use the updater to respond the settings.

It shouldn't. The updater is suppose to save your settings and replace them after the update. When you ran the update did it not day it was saving the settings? If it did but didn't put them back after you can use the updater to respond the settings.

I did not see that, if it did.
The unanticipated benefit, is that I got to go through the menu again, so I learned more.

Most reactions

Back