Jan 21st 2006 NW Pennsylvania Meet Up

Wally

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well our first meet up was such a great success that I am putting together another one.

This time we will be going to Oil Creek State Park near Titusville PA. This area was the birth place of the oil industry in the late 1800s, and is where Drake drilled the first ever Oil Well.

Today the area is a very nice park. It is located in a deep gorge formed by Oil Creek. There are many photo ops here. Everything from the old ghost town of Petroleum Center, to great nature shots, and waterfalls.

We will be meeting in the morning in Titusville PA and will shoot all day. If there is interest I can also lead a mini-workshop on Digital B&W Photography during lunch.

If you are interested just leave a post.

Well, I cant see that I would say no to such a pitch... I'm sure that I am in... unless something happens and I get a job or something... I will let Sharron know as well...

Don't know if can make it, I'm over here in NE Ohio and know the area well, I'll work on it.

SugarBaytolowtolaunch.jpg

Well I have nothing on my schedule as of yet so I'll try to be there. Df3photo and I can car pull from Erie then.

Haven't been checking the meetup forum lately and just noticed the PA meetups.

I may be game. I have family in Meadville and could kill two birds with one stone.:)

Patrick said:
It's offical. I'm in.

Awesome, if anyone else is ready to confirm please send me an email to [email protected] with Jan. Meetup in the subject.

As it stands right now we will be meeting at 9:30am at the McDonalds on Route 8 in Titusville PA, and LEAVING from there at 10:00. Based on the fact that it gets dark around 5, we will probably not be having an "official" lunch break. Feel free to bring a sandwhich, granola bar, etc to eat/snack on during the trip, or do what I am going to do and eat a late breakfast before we leave McDonalds. As I said we will be LEAVING McDonalds at 10:00 if you do not wish to eat anything you can get there at 10:00 if you wish, but please don't be late. You can get directions to the McDonalds here.

The park is located about 10mins to the south of Titusville. For those of you coming from I80 or south you might just want to meet us at the Park at 10:15 email me for where and when. (You just take I80 to Route 8 North and follow signs outside of Oil City)

Thats all I have for now, like I said please email me so I can send out an email a day or so before to remind everyone and have any last minute details etc.

JC told me about this - I might be game. (Gotta make sure I get the Cannon operational in the next few weeks! Probably just batteries...)

Well looks like we have 4 confirmed, maybe 5 if Sharon comes again. Still room for more!

Patrick said:
Now how did I miss that post?

:grumpy:

well if you look at the times we were posting at the same time LOL:lmao: ;) :wink: :hug:: :hugs: :thumbup: :lovey: :p

Most reactions

Back