Is $200 a good price for a Canon EOS 550D (T2i)?

NedM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I own a Canon 600D and these two cameras are virtually the same thing if you can disregard the 600D's vari-angle screen.

I found someone selling their Canon T2i on Craigslist for $300 w/ standard lens kit and battery grip.

I managed to get him to sell me the camera for $200 w/o the grip and lens kit.

Is this a steal?
I figured it wouldn't do any harm to have an extra camera around for this price. :icon_razz:

If it's in good condition, it's a deal. A T2i is a great camera. The T3i feature I covet is the locking mode dial.

I have no idea since I don't use Canon. However, I can tell you what I generally do to get an idea of whether a price on an item is truly reasonable--I go to ebay and search for the item, using the Advanced options and selecting Completed Listings only. That way, you can see whether the item actually SOLD and at what price. Of course, you also have to take into consideration other factors (did it have a lens with it? Extra batteries? etc), but it generally gives me a good enough idea to keep from getting hosed.

Sm does what I do - check ebay for completed listings to get a rough idea on price. Of course that is an online price, sometimes offline in the real world things will sell for much less (less interested parties and thus fewer potential customers competing) or they can sell for much more (seller bias raising the price and also not rushed for a sale).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back