I'm here To Learn

Mine gave me some free - with my glasses! lol

Or for future reference you might try ROR (Residual Oil Remover). Sounds weird I know (and will you stop asking about things that get me looking at these websites before I end up spending some money:lol:?).

ROR Lens Cleaner Oil Reisude Remover 2 oz. Spray Bottle ROR2

B&H has it too.

Mine gave me some free - with my glasses! lol

Or for future reference you might try ROR (Residual Oil Remover). Sounds weird I know (and will you stop asking about things that get me looking at these websites before I end up spending some money:lol:?).

ROR Lens Cleaner Oil Reisude Remover 2 oz. Spray Bottle ROR2

B&H has it too.

Lol money is meant to be spent.

you can buy an entire camera lens cleaning kit inexpensively. even Walmart carries them. They have them as low as $5. Opteka 10 Peice Deluxe Lens Digital Camera Cleaning Kit - Walmart.com

HUFF of breath + clean, laundered, 100% COTTON T-shirt... lens cleaning kit...

A fingerprint is really not that big of a deal. I can't find the article - I saw it here on TPF so maybe someone else will remember it? - but it described the effect of varying sizes of scratches of the front element on picture quality. Basically, it wasn't until the thing was smashed up that you saw significant effects.

Now, that's not to say, 'Sure, beat the lens to hell, it makes no difference!" ;) Treat your lenses gently, but they're also not eggshells. I'm in the "breathe on the lens, clean it with a microfiber cloth" camp of lens cleaners. The front element can handle it, though be more careful with the rear element - scratches or dust on the rear are much more likely to show in the image - and with the mirror.

Googled optometrist near me, found one that's literally like only four blocks away, called and said he'll give it to me for free.
abr.gif

I'm just here to say that I appreciate your use of GIFs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back