GQ photography

jameslopez90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
what's up everyone. I have a question, has anyone done a photoshoot for GQ or know the price rage ? I'm curious because I want to take a GQ style photoshoot and would like to know hiw to go about doing this.

Something like this Chris GQ Perry - United States

Not quite sure I understand your question. Are you asking how much it would cost to have someone shoot this, how much you could charge, or what is involved? Cost/price really depends on who it is... if you hire Annie Leibovitz I would guess $10-20,000; the average skilled shooter? Somewhere between $500 and $2000. As far as how? Nothing more than a few lights and a background really. You just need to know how to style, light & pose the client.

Your answer was kinda what I was looking for. I would like to know how much would it cost me to hire photographer to do this. I've seen many celebrities That do this type of photography. So you say on average $500-$2000 ?

It depends greatly on where you live and who you hire. As I said, if you go for Annie Leibovitz or someone of similar caliber, you're not going to get any change out of 10K; likewise, if you're looking in New York City, you can expect to pay a LOT more than you would in say Kalispell, MT, but in general, depending on how elaborate you want to go, somewhere between $500 and $2000 should get you a very good product.

I'm curious because I want to take a GQ style photoshoot and would like to know hiw to go about doing this.
(edit) Now that you've explained it better, I will say that as a potential customer, you simply call some photographers and ask them how much they would charge. Some might even have the prices listed on their website. What do you want to do with the photos?

Last edited:
I would like to know how much would it cost me to hire photographer to do this.
Part of the cost of photos used for commercial purposes is the cost of use licensing.

The photographer owns the copyrights and licenses their use to GQ.
The photographer would likely have several line items on the invoice.
Like a charge for the photographer's time and talent, to catering, model fees, equipment rental, parking, and more depending on the circumstances.

I get the impression you want to hire a photographer to make photos of you in a style similar to a GQ shoot?
If so where you are has a lot to do with what that might cost you. Your profile has no location information.
How you would want to use those photographs would also affect the cost of use licensing.

I'm curious because I want to take a GQ style photoshoot and would like to know hiw to go about doing this.
(edit) Now that you've explained it better, I will say that as a potential customer, you simply call some photographers and ask them how much they would charge. Some might even have the prices listed on their website. What do you want to do with the photos?

Nothing special because I'm not a model
I do some photography for fun and to pass time but GQ style really interest me because, these type of photos can indeed inspire people and make them curious as to what that person does for a living. I just never knew how to go about them or knew the prices.

It depends greatly on where you live and who you hire. As I said, if you go for Annie Leibovitz or someone of similar caliber, you're not going to get any change out of 10K; likewise, if you're looking in New York City, you can expect to pay a LOT more than you would in say Kalispell, MT, but in general, depending on how elaborate you want to go, somewhere between $500 and $2000 should get you a very good product.

I do live in NY so I'm expecting on paying somewhere around that price or more depending on the photographer

I would like to know how much would it cost me to hire photographer to do this.
Part of the cost of photos used for commercial purposes is the cost of use licensing.

The photographer owns the copyrights and licenses their use to GQ.
The photographer would likely have several line items on the invoice.
Like a charge for the photographer's time and talent, to catering, model fees, equipment rental, parking, and more depending on the circumstances.

I get the impression you want to hire a photographer to make photos of you in a style similar to a GQ shoot?
If so where you are has a lot to do with what that might cost you. Your profile has no location information.
How you would want to use those photographs would also affect the cost of use licensing.

Yes that's exactly what I was looking for. Someone take the photo. Do You know any sources? I canI do live in NYC so I'm assuming prices will be higher like what the other two said

Most reactions

New Topics

Back