Gardeners! Share your garden photos and garden chatter here.

I spy some snowflakes! Seriously wtf. I need to garden!!!! This weather pattern we are in is just not working for me. Too cold, too wet, too windy! By the time it’s decent enough to get out there it will be too hot to do anything.

Sincerely,
Goldilocks
IMG_7347.jpeg

Last edited:
I spy some snowflakes! Seriously wtf. I need to garden!!!! This weather pattern we are in is just not working for me. Too cold, too wet, too windy! By the time it’s decent enough to get out there it will be too hot to do anything.

Sincerely,
Goldilocks
Some seriously bad juju at work. Strong chance of snow--maybe lots--Wed.-Thurs. Damn near put the blower to bed yesterday while BBQing. Maybe just the thought of it is to blame for impending crap weather. Pour me a Negroni...

We're having a glorious day outside today. I've been running errands and it's darn near getting hot in the car with all the sun beating down!

No worries, we're in for rain, and then more rain, and then - likely some snow! - by mid week. :irked:

The good news is that it IS April now. The calendar is on our side.

I'm not exactly certain what your asking, but I think you are talking about my editing. To get the more flat look you will play with the tone curve. I also add contrast, clarity, dehaze, etc. Over the years, I've developed a preset to get the exact look I want. I'm happy to share more details if you are interested!
Yep that's what i ment the flat look👍. Thx Mr...

Editing is kind of unfamiliar to me because i dont really edit anything, might adjust the exposure and lighten up shadows but thats about it.

I only have the basic free version of lighroom on the tablet and the laptop is nearly 20 year's old, might get a paid version to experiment with over winter when im stuck indoors again.

We're having wonderful weather here, so much so that a trip to Calloway's was in order. New Guinea impatiens and coleus planted out front, hydrangea, purple salvia and petunias planted out back, and a special Dancing in the Dark rose bush planted in Daniel's memorial planter. Had a hard time finding that one, but finally found it. The alternate would have been Ring of Fire because he was a Johnny Cash fan. So the annual yard transformation begins. We had a front blow through yesterday, along with heavy rain and tornado warnings, plunging the high temps to the upper 60's, but will return to the mid-70s tomorrow.

New Guinea impatiens
One of my favorites! I always had the darker, deep pink blooms every year in Georgia. With the dark bronzed leaves.

Haven't come across them yet up here, but last year it was all about getting the perennials going, so I hope to have more time to prowl around this Spring.

Once the snow threat of this week passes, that is! :rolleyes: The nurseries around here hold off longer than I'm used to.

Had 3 La Nina seasons in a row here + a wet El Nino summer this season so im just calling 4 years of rain, with really mild summers which was great but the amount of young plants I've lost each of the 4 years has added up.

AU$200 a year for drowned young plants, just keeping things in pot's for now because theres a watch for another La Nina this year it seems.
IMG_20240403_160350.jpg
IMG_20240403_160756.jpg

One of my favorites! I always had the darker, deep pink blooms every year in Georgia. With the dark bronzed leaves.

Haven't come across them yet up here, but last year it was all about getting the perennials going, so I hope to have more time to prowl around this Spring.

Once the snow threat of this week passes, that is! :rolleyes: The nurseries around here hold off longer than I'm used to.
The ones I got are coral so that they stand out a little more.

The ones I got are coral so that they stand out a little more.
That's it - coral. I couldn't even recall the name, it's been so long since I've seen one.

Hopefully this will be the year! They're quite hardy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back