Fuji XT-2 and Fuji 50-230 lens

If you have windows, try alien skin exposure II. To be honest though, I rarely edit because the jpegs are so good. If you shoot in raw, convert them in camera, there is a push pull, shadow tone, highlight tone, WB, etc. I do this occasionally and it works excellent.

The purpose of the X-trans sensor is to eliminate the requirement for an anti aliasing filter. This, of course, improves image quality. You can see how it renders intricate subjects in the 100% crop image above. It looks like a macro shot rather than something shot from across a room with a telephoto zoom. But it has different requirements for raw processing. I agree that Adobe doesn't do as well as Silkypix and some other converters. For me it does well enough. I use the raw converter mostly just to tweak the white balance. I like the results from Silkypix better but it isn't a deal breaker for me to abandon adobe.

A couple more from today's game. Unfortunately not as nicely overcast as yesterday so had to deal with sun and shadows and it was HOT! Season is officially over. Back to the flowers and the butterflies. Some of these were with the 18-55.

Love the shot of the flying catcher. Great timing. These girls obviously play their hearts out.

Love the shot of the flying catcher. Great timing. These girls obviously play their hearts out.

She's a real gamer! Half the size of the other girls her age and probably the best player in that league. She hit a grand slam in the championship game today. Her dad is one of our best coaches and their team went undefeated this season.

Nice set. Thanks for sharing.

Nice set indeed. So everyone switching to fuji now i take it? Big improvement over the nikons?

Nice set indeed. So everyone switching to fuji now i take it? Big improvement over the nikons?

Not everyone, just the cool kids ! (Haha @nerwin)

Thanks for your comment!

Just different. Great image quality. Solid glass.

I love my XT2, XP2. Screw editing, just what the doctor ordered for this guy. I loathe it. That's the #1 reason I'm glad I switched. Pretty much just crop Snap seed on tablet. I tried to edit a little with it, playing around really, not impressed with it from that stand point but I love the crop options. Serious stuff I take into PC and use GIMP but haven't done that in months, images just are so good out of camera.

I love my XT2, XP2. Screw editing, just what the doctor ordered for this guy. I loathe it. That's the #1 reason I'm glad I switched. Pretty much just crop Snap seed on tablet. I tried to edit a little with it, playing around really, not impressed with it from that stand point but I love the crop options. Serious stuff I take into PC and use GIMP but haven't done that in months, images just are so good out of camera.

I was just thinking this. After the first batch I pulled the jpegs into PSE11 and found not much to edit/enhance. The last few shoots just went straight to my tablet for cropping and maybe a bit of vignetting (my latest obsession) in Snapseed. Kind of making me a bit lazy - I should at least look at them on my calibrated monitor before posting. I haven't used my tablet this much in years. Thinking maybe I need the new iPad Pro!

I was just thinking this. After the first batch I pulled the jpegs into PSE11 and found not much to edit/enhance. The last few shoots just went straight to my tablet for cropping and maybe a bit of vignetting (my latest obsession) in Snapseed. Kind of making me a bit lazy - I should at least look at them on my calibrated monitor before posting. I haven't used my tablet this much in years. Thinking maybe I need the new iPad Pro!
I picked up an 18" Samsung View that was bartered for a computer repair. Thing is massive. I like to read books on it mostly and crop images. Not a fan of the editing portion, seems to like to bump the shadows +50 and lower the warmth. On my black and white, it always increases the warmth +2 and always bombs the shadows +50. So I just stopped using it for that. I tried but just kept going back to original and crop if needed. I did figure out that the settings for the output were like 95% so I changed that to 100%.

I am late to this party. pretty good timing on most of your shots. But ... (the big but) ... you need the Fujinon 50-140 for the shallow DOF. :cool-48:

I shoot RAW because I'm not good enough to shoot JPEG only. I have most of the programs Joe has mentioned and I've settle on Iridient. Not as slick as Affinity or Capture 1 ... but does a great job. It seems to handle a large number of files better than the other programs. But, most of the differences in the final image, between the list Joe posted, is insignificant at normal magnification. If you need a computer to see a difference ... then there ain't no difference. Most of the programs have free trial available, go for the UI which fits your style.

I am late to this party. pretty good timing on most of your shots. But ... (the big but) ... you need the Fujinon 50-140 for the shallow DOF. :cool-48:

I shoot RAW because I'm not good enough to shoot JPEG only. I have most of the programs Joe has mentioned and I've settle on Iridient. Not as slick as Affinity or Capture 1 ... but does a great job. It seems to handle a large number of files better than the other programs. But, most of the differences in the final image, between the list Joe posted, is insignificant at normal magnification. If you need a computer to see a difference ... then there ain't no difference. Most of the programs have free trial available, go for the UI which fits your style.

Yes you're very tardy to the party. I agree the 50-140 sounds awesome and no one seems to have anything bad to say about it but... at almost 8X the price I paid and more than 2X the weight of the 50-230, I'm not rushing to trade up. I can fit the 50-230 in the pocket of my hoodie or my purse and forget that it's there. I'm not ready to start carrying anything heavy - that's the #1 reason that I switched to mirrorless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back