First time using clarity?

Digger...

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
G'day just a quick question, the house roofs were nearly black originally but a neighbours silver shed on the right was annoying me & i darkened it by using the shadow slider to the negative side.

I just used the clarity slider for the first time and noticed it brought out more detail especially the clouds.

My question is, by doing this does it now make the sky look way more noisy to your eyes? Thx...

Before,
IMG_20240402_182111 (1).jpg

After,
IMG_20240402_182111.jpg

Just had a look. The 2nd one is noisier. Do you use lightroom?

Just had a look. The 2nd one is noisier. Do you use lightroom?

Yeah the free version on the tablet, but i dont really edit anything thought i should start trying to be more creative.

But i did have it dialed up at 80%, just wanted to know if it was to distracting. Cheers Mr.

I really like it! You can add noise reduction if it bothers you.

No one is pixel peeping your photos and neither should you. When you look at a finished image it will be a print, and a normal viewing size. A little noise will not ruin a photo because we don't view photos in real life at 100%. (Nor do we zoom in on social media photos!)

💓 I love your creative edit and I think you should continue experimenting! Editing is a game changer!

(Nor do we zoom in on social media photos!)
Thanks for the reply i have a habit of that, always thought that was normal. Going to be a hard habit to break🤣.

I think it's a bit like the saying 'do what's right even when no one is looking'...

I like my images to be as good as they can, for my own piece of mind.

One habit you should definitely not adopt is other people's standards. Let everyone else be 'normal'...

Last edited:
I think it's a bit like the saying 'do what's right even when no one is looking'...

I like my images to be as good as they can, for my own piece of mind.

One habit you should definitely not adopt is other people's standards. Let everyone else be 'normal'...
Is noise 'wrong'? Hmm I missed that memo! 🤪

I think the real lesson is that photography is art, and art is subjective. Do what you like, what makes you feel good, what inspires you and keeps this art exciting 😍

There's literally no right or wrong in a landscape photo. It is what you'd like it to be 🙏

You can use lightroom etc to isolate areas of your image to edit. You can apply clarity or whatever changes you want to specific areas.

Most reactions

Back