Domain Name Sale...

Yep, without a name there is not even a guess about value. Not that I would have any idea anyway!!

Just state the name here, no one can use it unless you agree to transfer the domain to him. So you're at no risk. :)

100$ isn't much armt all, and if he's wanting it for his business, you have room for negotiation. It's like selling commercial property, just online :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

At this point, unless the guy throws you a REALLY nice number, I wouldn't sell the domain to him just on principle if he's being a douche about it. If that domain didn't have value to him, he wouldn't want to buy it...He would just make up a different name.

Just to be clear, I didn't ask what I should do, nor did I ask what the value of it is. I asked how to go about determining the value.

I'm not going to state the name because A) things have gotten pretty contentious, and this guy is easily found. I won't allow myself to run the risk of someone here contacting this guy and letting him know where I hang out and B) the name is unimportant to this discussion. I've gotten some good counsel, both here and other forums, on what would be appropriate price-wise.

But mainly the first one.

All that said, though, it's not important because I've decided to not sell the domain to someone who believes that being a prick is the most effective manner with which to acquire it.

This guy even contacted Facebook and told them I stole his name, despite the fact that the name isn't now, has never been, and will ever be on Facebook. He's grasping at straws to be a pain in my ass, and all he's doing is making me laugh.

If I get the site started up again, I'll share it...

Yep, without a name there is not even a guess about value. Not that I would have any idea anyway!!

Well, you'd be off the hook, because I didn't ask for a value.

I asked how I would go about determining the value...

Well actual value is extremely hard to place, but $100 sounds really low, especially if this guy is buying it for business purposes.

As it is right now, the guy's being a bit of a dick about everything

Wow, dude just totally imploded.

It's actually pretty funny. He thinks I should sell it to him because that's what his offer was, and because I was unaware of any other value.=

After hearing this, I would lay the price of $2000 down on the table. If he truly values this particular domain for a business then $2000 would be money well spent and probably a really great value.

It's difficult "determining" a value.
If you had ten people inquiring, it would be more valuable, than just one inquiry.

However, the value is also determined by how badly this one guy wants it.

I paid $700 for MyName.com
Talked the seller down from $1000.
It was worth it to me.

If you do sell, you probably already know, use an escrow service!

"I have..uh... ahh...well, I have a friend....who has a problem...I want to talk about it and beat around the bush about it,and draw attention to myself, but at the same time I don't want to talk about it, so, oh, forget it. Oh wait, maybe I am just paranoid. "

"I have..uh... ahh...well, I have a friend....who has a problem...I want to talk about it and beat around the bush about it,and draw attention to myself, but at the same time I don't want to talk about it, so, oh, forget it. Oh wait, maybe I am just paranoid. "

Hey, if you've got nothing to offer, howsabout you go not offer it someplace else.

If the name of the domain was important to the question I asked, I would share it. But it's not. I'm not asking what the value is. I'm asking how I would go about determining a value. They're two different things.

Clearly, understanding that is beyond your ability.

Posting your jibberish just makes you look silly and, well, like someone craving attention...

Hey, if you've got nothing to offer, howsabout you go not offer it someplace else.

If the name of the domain was important to the question I asked, I would share it. But it's not. I'm not asking what the value is. I'm asking how I would go about determining a value. They're two different things.

Clearly, understanding that is beyond your ability.

Posting your jibberish just makes you look silly and, well, like someone craving attention...

The value is whatever you ask for or what ever they are willing to pay.

Personally I do agree with Derrel it's a little weird that you won't share that information. Yes your specific question was how would you determine a value but by making the post in the internet people are free to give any input they want.

A 2 second google search brought up many articles on the subject

Since you are not open to the full input of others why ask the question, do the 2 second google search.

Last edited:
Since you are not open to the full input of others why ask the question...

But I am.

The domain name is unimportant to the discussion.

But, Hell... Sure: www.mybitchinphotostuffisbetterthanyours.com

Now that we know the domain name I would say his offer of $100 is actually fair.

This is one of the articles I found in that 2second google search I mentioned earlier.
http://www.igoldrush.com/domain-gui...ng/determining-the-value-of-your-domain-names

That domain name is way to long and has way to many words.

In fact his offer is actually higher then what the domain appraisal sight I also found during my 2 second google search.
http://www.urlappraisal.net

I say counter offer at $200 but be willing to settle for $150

In fact his offer is actually higher then what the domain appraisal sight I also found during my 2 second google search.
How Much Is Your Site Worth? | URLAppraisal.net

I say counter offer at $200 but be willing to settle for $150

Yeah, well, that site also says that "www.google.com is worth $6,062.19. Even funnier, "www.facebook.com" is worth a whopping $39,089.75.

I won't put a lot of stock in that site.

Oh, and "www.mybitchinphotostuffisbetterthanyours.com" isn't really the domain name, but it's funny to think that you believed it was.

Bottom line is I'm not selling him the domain. Period. I don't need the money and, he's now resorted to sending me angry e-mails. It's funny, really...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back