Do I need Another Lens?

mr.mike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Canon EOS 20D DSLR, a Canon 50D and an old Canon EOS 10s film camera. My lenses consist of a Canon EF 18-135mm IS, Canon EF 28-135mm IS USM and a vintage Canon EF 50mm 1.8 MK 1 lens. All equipment is in excellent condition, just wondering if aside from an L lens do I need anything else to compliment my collection? I take lots of family photos and landscapes. Looking forward to your responses.

This sir, is a subjective question. If your good, your good. From the list it seems you have everything covered but the photos are yours to make. You can look into a 28mm or 35mm prime but the choice is yours. =]

Edit* Nice lenses by the way =]

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. Guess you're correct, don't do much that would require long distance glass, so maybe the 28 or 35mm option would give me a bit more to play with.

Not a Canonite, but I wonder why an 18-135 AND a 28-135. Aperture difference?

Not a Canonite, but I wonder why an 18-135 AND a 28-135. Aperture difference?
The 18-135 is an EF-S (Aps lens) the 28-135 is a Full frame lens

(edit...made mistake..)

You always need another lens. And when you get another lens you'll still need another lens.

Joe

Its called GAS.
Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

just wondering if aside from an L lens do I need anything else to compliment my collection? I take lots of family photos and landscapes.
I have no experience with Canon lenses, but my own collection includes several long prime lenses. 180 and 300mm as examples.

Thank you for your reply. Guess you're correct, don't do much that would require long distance glass, so maybe the 28 or 35mm option would give me a bit more to play with.

Oh no... telling me I am right is a mistake. Like @Designer said above, there are also long distance lenses. I would think each photographer had different wants, unless your me, I want them all. Twice. :allteeth:

Last edited:
Thank you all. Every lens I have came with a camera. Bought them all fairly cheap on line. Over the years I've gotten rid of the cameras, but kept the lenses. The 18-135mm came with my Canon EOS 50D. The 28-135mm came with a 40D package. Guess everyone has a mania when buying to feed a hobby, but this time I was trying to garner opinions on what other hobbyists thought to be a good choice. I really could get by with just the EF 28 - 135mm for the kind of stuff I do, but every so often I find myself hunting the Internet for something new. Guess I'm not alone!

OK... So what I will input is this.

If your serious, I would go to ebay and look over the 35-350mm L.
The lens is friggin heavy but worth it.

OK... So what I will input is this.

If your serious, I would go to ebay and look over the 35-350mm L.
The lens is friggin heavy but worth it.

Awesome lens. :allteeth:

Last edited:
I'll look at Ebay and check that lens out. I'll probably need to sell all my other lenses to help pay for the divorce attorney though. My wife doesn't seem to understand why I need a hobby. She still thinks we have "Bills to Pay".

Now with the Covid-19 mess, I'm not going out of the house and it's really making me nuts. My wife wants to know why I'm taking pictures of "dust bunnies"? Guess I need a really good lens for that.

Thank you for all the great responses, I'll let you know how I make out. Stay safe...................................

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back