DC - Spring 2018 TPF Meet 4/6-4/8

Which weekend to meet in DC? More than one choice is allowed. Please choose all that work for you.

• March 2-4

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • March 9-11

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Mar 30-Apr 1

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Apr 6-8

• Apr 13-15

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We like Cuba Libre's Sunday tappas brunch. The Tap House (next block) is also a good place.

If anyone wants, we can exchange cell numbers via PM - sort of a roll call.

Here's my tentative plan. Thursday spending time with my cousin and we might shoot some monuments at dusk then dinner. If rain is still predicted for Saturday morning, I am thinking I will hit the tidal basin on Friday morning to take advantage of the lower crowds and better weather then maybe the botanical gardens that afternoon. My cousin will be with me but let me know if anyone wants to meet up at either of these locations you're welcome to join us. I'll be available Saturday all day and could possibly go back to tidal basin at dawn @Braineack if weather is good or will meet up with you all Saturday mid morning for whatever everyone wants to shoot. Sunday morning I want to get some of the monuments at dawn if anyone else is into it...

We like Cuba Libre's Sunday tappas brunch. The Tap House (next block) is also a good place.

If anyone wants, we can exchange cell numbers via PM - sort of a roll call.

Will send you a PM.

@mishele I know you were asking about plans. See above if you will be around!

do we want to try to formalize some rough times/locations to meetup?

do we want to try to formalize some rough times/locations to meetup?

Good idea. Finally booked my hotel. I'll be staying right near the WH and Mall so I canceled the car rental and will uber anywhere I can't walk to. Is there a good spot to meet very early am on Saturday at/near the Tidal Basin? Not really wanting to head down there alone with my gear and not sure if my cousin will get up that early! If no spot to meet in that area, does anyone want to meet at my hotel lobby and uber or walk down there together.

Then maybe a second meet up spot at the Botanical Gardens late morning for those who can't make it to the Tidal Basin early? Joe says it would be a good place to meet. 11am in the lobby if there is one??? Looks like rain is no longer expected!!! Anyone have any suggestions for Sunday meeting spot?

What is a good time of day to photograph Washington and Lincoln monuments? Sunset?

"What is a good time of day to photograph Washington and Lincoln monuments? Sunset?"

The Lincoln faces East, so if you want light going into the building early morning is the best. In the afternoon evening it will be packed.

"Not really wanting to head down there alone with my gear..."

DC is relatively very safe, maybe a pickpocket or two. But there are snipers and undercover cops everywhere it's a place you should feel comfortable carrying gear most anywhere unless you photograph a building then the private security guards will harass you ;-)
If however you go to the East side of the city for either the Arboretum (recommended) or Kenilworth gardens (water lilies won't be in bloom) then you should be very careful during evening hours. Don't go to the Kenilworth gardens - waste of time this time of year.

I'm willing to meet you EARLY on Saturday AM if you want. People can meet us at the Basin. I wanted to get there before sunrise.

Then maybe 10-11am ish we head over to the botanical gardens. then figure out another area of interest, the monuments or buildings?

I'm willing to meet you EARLY on Saturday AM if you want. People can meet us at the Basin. I wanted to get there before sunrise.

Then maybe 10-11am ish we head over to the botanical gardens. then figure out another area of interest, the monuments or buildings?

Sounds good. Name time/place and I'll be there. I'm ok with meeting as early as you want so we can get there before sunrise.

I'm probably going to park in Rosslyn and metro/uber into DC. I can meet you at the Hotel (let me know which) and we can walk down. Whomever wants to meet us there in the AM can give either one a call to meet up there.

We'll be just off the mall, so after the basin we could do monuments before the gardens if you wanna see Lincoln/Washington/wwi/Korean/mlk.

do we have a roll call? Who's collecting cell numbers?

I'm probably going to park in Rosslyn and metro/uber into DC. I can meet you at the Hotel (let me know which) and we can walk down. Whomever wants to meet us there in the AM can give either one a call to meet up there.

We'll be just off the mall, so after the basin we could do monuments before the gardens if you wanna see Lincoln/Washington/wwi/Korean/mlk.

I think @snowbear is collecting numbers. I sent him mine. I'll PM you my hotel and cell phone. Just let me know approximate time you want to meet and I'll be in the lobby.

I think @snowbear is collecting numbers. I sent him mine. I'll PM you my hotel and cell phone. Just let me know approximate time you want to meet and I'll be in the lobby.
I will probably meet up with everyone in the later morning (wherever the group is), but everyone send me a PM with your number and I will share a contact list in another PM (I'll only send numbers to those that send me one). Get it to me by Thursday afternoon, please.

Last edited:
As to Cuba Libre . . .

@snowbear system says I cant start a convo with you to send my cell# :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back