Cemetery Photography

scrapfan85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of my favorite things to do is visit cemeteries, I'm in them all the time for genealogy research, but I also visit random ones just for the fun of it. I actually find them peaceful, not in a dead kind of way but I just love looking at all the different stones and years that are carved on them.

I did a walk around at one of the local cemeteries today, took some shots.

The first one I'm fully aware is not focus that was my mistake, but is the set up good? Exposure? bad idea? good idea? :mrgreen:

_MG_1553.jpg

Another version of the same shot only more focus.

_MG_1551.jpg

_MG_1559.jpg

_MG_1545.jpg

The last one, I don't know about, I had a hard time with these shot since I was out in mid-day where the sun was fully out, which I hate doing, nothing is worst then overexposing pictures, but I have a problem with getting my exposure right so I suppose to try and do outdoor photography, but still tricky. :confused:

I agree cemeteries and mausoleums offer an art form found rarely elsewhere.

Number three is my favorite. I like the bokeh background in number four also. Nice job!

I've found that cemeteries are just beautiful. I like the third one.

yep, three is the definite winner.

Ever walk thru Pere Lachaise in Paris where Oliver Wilde, Chopin, Jim Morrison are buried? Incredible place and incredibly crowded.

Nice shots. I've found the cemetaries of New Orleans to be full of photo oppourtunities

Glad I'm not the only one walking around cemeteries reading stones.

I think the reason I as well like the third one so much is the light shining down. Much like she were looking up into an angel or something.

Lovely photo's, I enjoy going round cemeteries too...

Have you tried using a film camera and reversing the film in the cannister creating a orangey red look - called Redscale

$4297971896_1493f0d176_o.jpg

$4297229417_fca7b48d16_o.jpg

$4566097368_a59beda5eb_o.jpg

Sorry somehow attached an extra thumbnail picture

Attachments

• $4297971896_1493f0d176_o.jpg
    $4297971896_1493f0d176_o.jpg
    757.2 KB · Views: 241

Most reactions

New Topics

Back