Caught, Trapped

Rany Tan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bought an A6000 last November after read many overwhelmingly positive reviews on it. Was using point and shoot before that. Got 50f18 with it. Quite satisfied with the image quality. I shoot people mostly and often shoot in low light. Attached image (I didnt get it sharp D:), open concert, night time, dusty, this one with me holding legs of tripod with LED panel mounted, sometimes without, sometimes mounted with wireless flash.

After few months' use I found that from time to time I need wider angle, and sometimes missed shots that are further away. I have been running around, albeit comically to get my shots. So time to get lenses....and found that only 15 E mount lenses available (Not considering FE, way out of my budget; and very reluctant to fiddle with adapter, which itself cost like another lens).
And of the available E mounts, the 1670Z and 18105G seems to be acceptable range. But they both only f4 (Come on, with a Zeiss tag?), while 18105G soft on the sides (ok if I always put subjects in middle but no).

Now trapped, confined within the limited selection of lenses, because I obviously did not do enough homework.

Partial solution for the wide side, got myself 35f18 a couple of weeks ago (had to forego 20f28 for lack of OSS, and 16f28 for the distortion thats not to my liking) which is doing fine so far. Saved me a few paces backing up, have to crop sometimes, but still running around frantically, shots lost in seconds. Although its probably needed anyways, unless its straight up ahead. Really not used to the strange eye look on me.

So the question is, what option do I have? Or, what can I expect if I go 1670Z anyways?
Or with existing gear, what adjustment I can make as to how I take better photographs?

My beginner's gear:
A6000ƒ 4 batteries 35f1.8 50f1.8
(Nissin i40, YN560IV x 3, YN560TX, Godox 308W x 2, flashbender) on Compact Tripod

Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• _DSC0051.jpg
    _DSC0051.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 331
I hate to tell you that you probably will get more replies on the Dyxum forum ... as there are not many Sony E mount users here.
I just have the cheap SEL1650, as my NEX is used as a backup for my Alpha ... so I cannot give you much feedback ... though I have been eyeing the Touit 12mm.

E-mount lenses - Dyxum - Page 1

Thanks.
Have a nice day, or a cloudy day, or a rainy day, or a stormy day, whichever you like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back