Can't Publish To Flickr From Lr

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Haven't published anything to Flicr in several days. Today when I tried it won't let me drag and drop. Went in and reauthorized, but still won't work. Any one else having problems?

Back online again, no clue why. Reauthorized, closed Lr, and reopened.......strange!

Based on my emails with Flickr support, the only officially sanctioned way to upload is from Flickr app or website using the upload feature. Any other apps that have options to export directly to Flickr (like LR or Affinity or ios Photos app) are using their own code and will not work if/when Flickr makes internal updates.

I went through the new login procedure a couple weeks ago which may have caused it. Initially Lr was telling me I had to reconnect and authorize, which I did, but it still didn't work. Disconnected and did it again, and it worked????

I went through the new login procedure a couple weeks ago which may have caused it. Initially Lr was telling me I had to reconnect and authorize, which I did, but it still didn't work. Disconnected and did it again, and it worked????

Maybe Adobe had not "pinged" you recently enough to make sure your SW was payed and up to date? Maybe Flickr had made a slight change, and Adobe had to correct for it on their end?

Sometimes a good flush is needed . . . I cycle the power on mine weekly.

Maybe Adobe had not "pinged" you recently enough to make sure your SW was payed and up to date? Maybe Flickr had made a slight change, and Adobe had to correct for it on their end?

I've not experienced it, but if it was a payment ping then I would have assumed lightroom would have directly warned the user and not had any functionality at all at bootup. The most likely is that something at the Flickr end changed and the Lightroom system either needed a minor update or had to go through its own start-up procedure to integrate with Flickr to re-set itself.

I've not experienced it, but if it was a payment ping then I would have assumed lightroom would have directly warned the user and not had any functionality at all at bootup. The most likely is that something at the Flickr end changed and the Lightroom system either needed a minor update or had to go through its own start-up procedure to integrate with Flickr to re-set itself.
I suspect the payment overdue would be like the expired trials - the application won't start. I have the annual pre-paid subscription, so I get a notice when mine is due.

Has anything else changed on the PC - new programs, other updates?

Has anything else changed on the PC - new programs, other updates

The more appropriate question would be "is there anything that hasn't changed". Between Windows, 360, McAfee, and Adobe, there's always an update happening. I truthfully can't remember the last time I uploaded to Flickr, so a whole lot of things likely changed.

I do know the last time I went to Flick was about a week ago, via browser. I had to go through the new login procedure. Something in that process likely broke the link with the Lr plugin. I had to authorize it again, though I'm not sure why I had to reboot, but it worked and all is good.

Most reactions

Back