Blue

These are in matte-finished silver plate...very highly visible. Aqua beads and blue tape and hook tubing.

These are in matte-finished silver plate...very highly visible. Aqua beads and blue tape and hook tubing.

Blue is quite unusual here though not absent. Most common are reds, greens, yellows and oranges etc.

Blue maintains its color at great depth/distance. Other colors appear black at distance and "color change" when fish approach closer...this can spook high metabolism fish, or anger/stimulate low-metabolism fish. Blue and purple are "constant colors", and quite effective in a wide variety of situations.

My favorite color combo for the safety pin type bass spinners was black and blue. Now I know why.

Black is a very effective lure color under both cold and warm water conditions. Black is always black and stands out extremely well against a light colored or gray sky or a blue sky. The color blue is always blue up to 550 ft deep. commercial salmon trollers off of Canada's Vancouver island have had good success on blue salmon plugs at great depth for big springs. blue is one of the most overlooked lure colors in the spinner world, with the possible exception of the Blue Fox silver and blue French blade spinner, which is extremely popular and very effective for both steelhead and salmon.

__D3X8116 copy_spinners_vertical.JPG

Black is a very effective lure color under both cold and warm water conditions. Black is always black and stands out extremely well against a light colored or gray sky or a blue sky. The color blue is always blue up to 550 ft deep. commercial salmon trollers off of Canada's Vancouver island have had good success on blue salmon plugs at great depth for big springs. blue is one of the most overlooked lure colors in the spinner world, with the possible exception of the Blue Fox silver and blue French blade spinner, which is extremely popular and very effective for both steelhead and salmon.
I was watching some nature show the other day in which cold water divers were descending. They were someplace that was known for the water clarity. The divers had on red dry suits. When they got to a certain depth, even in crystal clear water the suits became black.

Have it bookmarked, Dean. I've been a member of the Pennsylvania Native Plant Society for years and spend a lot of time photographing the native flora.

Most reactions

Back