Been a while but a few digital previews from a recent wedding...

Vtec44

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamestangphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
_D751072.JPG

_D751116.JPG

D72_3360.JPG

D72_3494.JPG
\

D72_3811.JPG

What a setting! The area is gorgeous, and the bride's gown floats like a billowing cloud through it. She should be thrilled at the beauty of these.

Your posing, lighting, and chosen DOF in each image is spot on.

Lovely set, and great work!

Yes-an absolutely gorgeous area! Love this part of the woods. The bridge works both physically, and metaphorically for a newly married couple. Nice group of shots. I really like your subtle use of out of focus foreground bokeh in shots 2,3,and 4--it really adds a lot.

You're showing some improvement. Keep practicing, you will get there!

:1219:

Stunning as usual! So...do you only do weddings for beautiful people or do you just not share those?

Stunning as usual! So...do you only do weddings for beautiful people or do you just not share those?

To be honest all my clients are beautiful as long as they pay my asking price :allteeth:. I generally don't share weddings that I don't want to photograph again, i.e. too contrasting colors, people who wear tennis shoes with their suit, assholes, etc. I'm enough of an asshole at a wedding so there's no room for anyone else.

Room for one more Asshat as I am (as usual) going to disagree. I edited each of these except #2 which is close enough for government work, for midtone correction and to highlight the stars of the show: the bride and groom. The lights are too light, highlights are blown throughout. By shooting in the forest, which is a nice place to shoot, he made a cardinal mistake in exposing for the whole scene and not for the couple only. Expose for the highlights using a spot meter and everything else will work out. In my edits, I isolated the couple, dumped the BG down one full stop then adjusted the midtones on those two which pushed them into the foreground and left everything else as a frame. Wedding shots are all about the B&G not anything and everything else.

Tirediron said he quit doing weddings because these were so good, I quit doing weddings, portraits and other stuff that paid bigger bucks than just gallery sales partly because of shots like these (though mostly because I am not overly fond of people that talk back :)). It's a good start, but there is lots more to learn.

Last edited:
Room for one more Asshat as I am (as usual) going to disagree. I edited each of these except #2 which is close enough for government work, for midtone correction and to highlight the stars of the show: the bride and groom. The lights are too light, highlights are blown throughout. By shooting in the forest, which is a nice place to shoot, he made a cardinal mistake in exposing for the whole scene and not for the couple only. Expose for the highlights using a spot meter and everything else will work out. In my edits, I isolated the couple, dumped the BG down one full stop then adjusted the midtones on those two which pushed them into the foreground and left everything else as a frame. Wedding shots are all about the B&G not anything and everything else.

Tirediron said he quit doing weddings because these were so good, I quit doing weddings, portraits and other stuff that paid bigger bucks than just gallery sales partly because of shots like these (though mostly because I am not overly fond of people that talk back :)). It's a good start, but there is lots more to learn.

Sorry, but I’ve gotta disagree. There is a time and place to selectively blow highlights as an artistic choice, and this was a good use of that in my opinion.

If you wanted to expose for the highlights here you’d have to add ALOT of fill flash and would lose the amazing natural look of these images.

Sorry, but I’ve gotta disagree. There is a time and place to selectively blow highlights as an artistic choice, and this was a good use of that in my opinion.

Absolutely. Not all photographs (especially portraiture and wedding candids) are meant to be, nor should they be, an exact depiction of the scene.

-Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back