A robot would replace photographer.

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few years ago they produced drones that follow a wrist band so it would fly around the ski hill for instance taking photographs of the specific skier following him down the trails, totally self navigated (using various angles, low in flight, higher shots... it had several flight patterns to chose from. It would detect and avoid trees..) So ,it's already here to some extent. I see it hitting the sports / journalism side of things first as those photos are perhaps less styled and posed like fashion or portraits are. (Although you could setup cookie cutter portraits like at the walmart / Sears and such) They tend to stick to the same settings / posings.

Now on these days, we got robots that do vacuum and serving coffee drinks. Amazon has robots to move books around. Robots that deliver pizzas. At my local mall has a robot that greets people. Imagine a robot can replaces photographer. robot-photographer/README.md at master · manfredzab/robot-photographer · GitHub
We have that already, it's called the Auto Mode on the camera. Granted a human has to push the button, but for the robot to be useful a human will have to push a button for it as well so it's pretty much the same thing. :allteeth:

Didn't we already send one of those to Mars?

Already happening at a lot of stoplights in this country. Run one and get a copy of your picture and a ticket in the mail. LOL

But can the robot develop?

But can the robot develop?

Sam's gynoid Cherry 2000 was pretty developed , but in the end he went for the real thing. Duh, Melanie Griffith, was hot back then!!
Screen+Shot+2015-02-06+at+7.52.12+PM.png

If you're at a place where a robot can replace your photography, you're not doing very well as a photographer.
Stop worrying about the robot and improve your images.

Most reactions

Back