A new job and new chapter for the Zombie family.

Thank you.

I’m not familiar with the geography up there - will you be close to sone new scenic areas? What about wildlife?

We'll be an hour outside of Algonquin park which has a lot of wildlife we don't normally get. The area we wish to buy in has Whippoorwills that will come almost right to your house and keep you awake at night.

Congrats Trevor! Looks like it will be a perfect area for you and Logan.

Thank you.

I’m not familiar with the geography up there - will you be close to sone new scenic areas? What about wildlife?

We'll be an hour outside of Algonquin park which has a lot of wildlife we don't normally get. The area we wish to buy in has Whippoorwills that will come almost right to your house and keep you awake at night.
That sounds lovely! You'll get used to those whippoorwills. We had them years ago where we once lived, until the woods behind our house were "developed" and people moved in. The birds left, and we missed them greatly. I always found them soothing.

Good luck with the new job and the move! :)

So I figured now would be a good time to let everyone know I may be a little absent from here for a bit.

I'm changing jobs and moving about 400km away. The family (including Jr.) will be following me in the summer.

It's a good thing. I'll double my current pay and moving to a cheaper housing market.

I promise I'll still be around but it will likely be a bit less for a while until we're all settled into the new routine.

Good luck Zombiesniper on your new and hopefully more exciting job. :)

Best of luck to you all on your new adventure. I can't wait to see what you shoot in your new location.

Take some pictures! :)

Guess it's time for an update.

Passed the exam, oral board and completed my OJT. I'm now qualified and have been working for a couple of months.
The people are great to work with and I like my job. Our current house is going on the market this week and more houses are starting to come up for sale in the new area. Finances for the new house are all in place incase (we hope so) we take possession of the new house before the closing date of our current one.
All that's left to do is find the new home, move in and enjoy the new life.

I've had a little time to explore the area. Plenty of places to go for wildlife, we just need to get to know them better. Not as many Snowy owls but we have a place not too far that has them as well as short eared owls.

Hope everyone else's 2021 is starting off well.

Sounds like everything is working out well! Happy to hear it. It must have been stressful, all that change, but it can also be energizing. Best of luck with your new situation!

I've always had a wandering tendency and know the kids are usually the ones most against a move, so I hope everyone in your family are happy and enthused. Best of luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back