jeffashman

Level 40 Squirrel Warrior
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took my granddaughter with me on my trip to Tennessee, Ohio, and Virginia. I loaned her a Canon SX530 HS, which other than her cell phone, is the first camera she has handled. She did a fantastic job, and I was really impressed with some of the compositons she came up with, and her willingness to experiment with subjects. Hopefully I can keep her interested in photography, because I think she is a natural behind the camera.

1. Tight crop of Daisy
IMG_3292 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2. Tight crop of grandpa
IMG_3301 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3. Entry way to an old railroad tunnerl converted to hiking trail. I like how she chose to shoot this from one side rather than direct on.
IMG_3309 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4. She wanted to capture the blue and white sky framed by the leaves. It worked out well.
IMG_3343 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

5. A cabin on the Blueridge Parkway with my sis sitting on the stoop. I loved how she composed this with the cabin off center without any instruction on composition.
IMG_3352 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

6. And of course, she wanted to capture the rain on the car window.
IMG_3371 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

I took my granddaughter with me on my trip to Tennessee, Ohio, and Virginia. I loaned her a Canon SX530 HS, which other than her cell phone, is the first camera she has handled. She did a fantastic job, and I was really impressed with some of the compositons she came up with, and her willingness to experiment with subjects. Hopefully I can keep her interested in photography, because I think she is a natural behind the camera.

1. Tight crop of Daisy

2. Tight crop of grandpa

3. Entry way to an old railroad tunnerl converted to hiking trail. I like how she chose to shoot this from one side rather than direct on.

4. She wanted to capture the blue and white sky framed by the leaves. It worked out well.

5. A cabin on the Blueridge Parkway with my sis sitting on the stoop. I loved how she composed this with the cabin off center without any instruction on composition.

Very nice in every way!

1. Tight crop of Daisy

2. Tight crop of grandpa

Well, you can't say she didn't take a nice portrait photo of you! I really think this is a very good start and besides #2, for me photo #6 is a creative favorite.

I like photo #3. the whisper of dust at the entrance caught my eye, and that made the photo interesting for me.

Well, you can't say she didn't take a nice portrait photo of you! I really think this is a very good start and besides #2, for me photo #6 is a creative favorite.
Thank you! Yes, I think she did a fine job of getting the old curmudgeon. 😂 She has a lot of talent in other art mediums and I think that is translating well into photography. I'm hoping that she will keep at it.

Nice set, especially for a first timer with a ‘real’ camera! Sure she has a good mentor….

She did a very nice job.

I like photo #3. the whisper of dust at the entrance caught my eye, and that made the photo interesting for me.
That is the cool air from the tunnel condensing when it hits the warm humid air outside. I thought it was pretty neat as well.

Most reactions

Back