old times in photography

BillFritsch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Long ago there was film-- then came the digital revolution-- I post that drones are to digital photgraphy as digital was to film

Nah. Can you imagine a portrait photographer hovering a drone in someone's face to get a shot? Drones make it possible for anyone to get a shot or clip that used to require hiring an aircraft or getting elevated, but they aren't a replacement for ground-level photography or video.

Yes that is true but I am still getting a lot of requests for a drone-- a good eye can never be replaced weather film or digital

I don't think this is the right comparison, drones are a carrier or method, not the medium, as film or digital. Typically drones carry a digital camera. It is quite concievable that a drone could carry a film camera. In fact, Estes made a model rocket kit tht had a simple instamatic-type film camera in the nose cone.

Yes that is true but I am still getting a lot of requests for a drone-- a good eye can never be replaced weather film or digital
Real estate, construction, commercial, motorsports, and a lot more want drones these days, but it's in addition to, not instead of.

Most reactions

Back