Last two stops on Northern Lights marathon road trip.

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had to swing by my favorite lighthouse for a chance at Aurora photos there. We ran into several photographers that we know who had been there from sunset and the most amazing color happened right after the sun went down just like when we were in Gloucester. But we did still manage to get some color. Most of it was off to the left, to the north, and because this lighthouse is on the little island at sea, there’s no way to get over on the other side of it and shoot facing north.

Nubble lighthouse
Northern Lights in Maine 2024 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Played with the wb a bit

Then we headed to the fish shack - another iconic Maine photo subject. I posted some milkyway photos from here a few years ago. It’s a great sunrise spot but I have never managed to drag myself up there in time. Maybe now that I’m retired…

They're all wonderful, but that first one is top notch! I like the balance between the Aurora lights and the light and reflected light from the lighthouse. Terrific composition, really, even if you were angling for the Auroras to be directly behind the lighthouse at the time. This looks great!

They are all fantastic. I like # 2 the best its the green/blue/purple lighting etc that works for me.

Most reactions

Back