Hi from Slovakia

jareso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi from Slovakia to everyone at TPF!

I am new here. Well not really that new, because I am registered here for almost 2 years, but I haven’t posted almost anything since than, so I can be considered as a new. ;)

I can describe myself as an amateur / hobbyist photographer. My hobby is stock photography. But is should be noted that, I am far from typical stock photographer. Unlike other stock photographers, I prefer to take pictures of pure nature, landscapes and animals, either domestic or wildlife. Taking pictures of architectural scenes & views is another passion for me. I am focused mainly on national cultural heritage pictures – such as pictures of castles, open air-museums (historical villages), historical towns or details of historical buildings.
I submit my photos to various stock agencies for some years, because I see it as a very good opportunity to learn a lot of things about commercial photography. (And also maybe as a chance to earn some $.) It is also a great feeling when my photos are purchased and I see (find) them in action somewhere.
(If you want to see some of my hobbyist stock photos: www.jareso.com/photo/catalogue/)

Since summer of 2006 I use Olympus E-500 and Zuiko Digital 40-150mm/3.5-4.5, Zuiko Digital 14-45mm/3.5-5.6 kit lenses, also some filters, and tripod. I also tried some experimenting with custom (home made) lenses e.g. with "telephoto-lens" created from old Konus 800mm refractor telescope, or other experiments with custom "lenses", but the resulting photos were… ehmmm… very questionable (to put it mildly). :mrgreen:
Hopefully one day I will expand my equipment... but overall I am satisfied with my E-500. <- It is a great machine for hobbyist like me.

I glanced at your photos. They look good. Welcome!

Welcome to the forum

Most reactions

Back