Experimenting

KJ_North

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i decided i had some time to waste so i took this image and changed the colors here and there a few different ways just as an experiment, let me know your thoughts...

#1 ) So here is the original color image
Scenic-Original-s.jpg

#2) Just a straight conversion to B/W but deepened the blacks and a little more contrast, and added a sky etc
Scenic-BW-s.jpg

# 3) Kept the building and pillars original color but dramatically upped the saturation, this allowed a small amount of color on the trees and lawn to show through. Then added a sunrise sky in full color.
Scenic-BW+Color-s.jpg

# 4) Converted the building pillars and fence to B/W. Then replaced the sky with a sunrise look.
Scenic-BW+Color2-s.jpg

Anyways some very different looks for the same original photo.

I'm with Jeff on this.

Thats the one i preferred as well, i appreciate the feedback

Yea! Me, Too. #3 for me. I like the sky.

With the advent of digital software, photographic touch-up and enhancements, has evolved into photographic artwork. The Photo-artist's medium is mouse and monitor.

Even traditional painters use photographs to capture images, to be transformed into works of art with brush and canvas.

I think you captured transitioned to Black and White perfectly. The cloud formation really balances out the scene.

I agree with G Ron the black and white version is good. I just played around with your image in Photoshop, so I could share what I think you could do.

I think the image needs a crop. Crop some of the water on the bottom out of the image. You could add a tilt shift effect on everything but the building and the weir.

As for the majority vote on #3. I think if your aiming for a look. A specific look you would find looking through an history archive. Then you nailed it. Well done. But if not then the sky that came with photoshop makes your image look ghostly and quite frankly scares me a bit. Horror novel.

Edit: I remembered now. The new sky doesn't match the sky reflected in the water. And that water takes up so much of your picture. It puzzles me how no one saw this. It was one of the first things I was taught when I joined these forums back in 2009.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back