Why no one cares about your Photography - Sean Tucker

It comes down to why you take pictures in the 1st place. Are you taking them to please yourself or to please others. I know that I take them in the 1st place to please myself and post in the hopes of others liking them. Am I disappointed when no one likes or comments on them? Sure, but I still shoot to please myself because I don't know of any other way. This is why I am an armature and always will be.

Achilleas, what does it tell you when "Mediocre Crap" does well and yours does not? Basically. you brought a stagecoach to a NASCAR race. You may be the world's best stagecoach driver, but the people there (judges) do not care.
I am trying to understand your analogy. Is that the stagecoach is slower or that is different? So I think I am better than I really am? or my style does not fit with the judges?

It comes down to why you take pictures in the 1st place. Are you taking them to please yourself or to please others. I know that I take them in the 1st place to please myself and post in the hopes of others liking them. Am I disappointed when no one likes or comments on them? Sure, but I still shoot to please myself because I don't know of any other way. This is why I am an armature and always will be.
It was therapeutic to me. I did not go out much. It started just for me but then I needed validation. I got over it now. No stress to be liked when you shoot only for yourself.

My point was even if you are the best at what you do, athletics, photography, music etc. there is no reason to believe that others will see it as important.

I do lots of things, including old time banjo, amateur radio, view camera photographs with a 1909 Senaca 4x5 camera I inherited; I even build English style Long Bows for traditional archery competition.

I find all of the tinkering and learning is very fulfilling, but I know the impact on others folk, is often, a strange "that's weird" look. Occasionally, I will meet a fellow hobbyist, which is fun. However, except on the internet, I have yet to meet a photographer, who thinks that dragging a tripod, camera, lenses, exposure meter, film holders, dark cloth and focusing on an upside-down reversed image, just to take a picture, is worth the effort.

I know that if I have to explain it, they wouldn't understand anyway. So, It doesn't matter, I find it to be quite rewarding, while other enjoy sitting behind a monitor and post-processing digital. Photography is a big tent.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back