Photographic skill isn't everything if you want to go pro

Dress appropriately for the job, no good having bright shiny shoes when standing in 3 inches of mud and ack
Have your tools of the trade with you
If you are offered a job better to say I will get my kit from the car rather than
I will be back in 2 hours

Nice post. It brought to mind my becoming a professional photographer. I developed an interest in photography in the early 80’s. An opportunity use my skills, other than for me. I was asked by my employer, who knew of photography interest, to do a series of shots of the workplace. Great and I got paid. The recognition lead to some more requests from various sections in the organization.
I found an agent in another part of the country who took me on. Editorial assignment photography, and stock became my areas of work. About then I accepted a position as a crime scene/forensic technician. Forensic photography l found to be fascinating. The importance of properly documented evidence is vital in criminal cases as well in civil. My continued editorial work resulted in many of my photos being published in grammar school, high school and college textbooks. Images of mine were used in children’s books. The biggest thrill was my first check for a photo that was published in a book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Most reactions

Back