Photocrowd defector

La Heura

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I'm the victim of a massive cyber hacking, and I cannot login into anything - my Macbook, gmail, bank. etc...- which means I have lost all of my artwork and essays. But I have a paid account and numerous photos on Photocrowd, but here is what happened when I requested they send me a password reset link to a different email. They said they needed the card number I used like three years ago, which of course I do not have because I had to replace all of my cards due to the cyber attack. They said they have to follow "the law."
I gave them extensive info about some of the photographs that only the photographer would know, my driver's license and current photo of me and my Dad, who is featured in many of my photos. Nope not good enough. Now my photos are free for the taking. Caveat emptor. That's my experience with Photocrowd.

I understand your frustration, but we have to follow the law and cannot grant someone access to an account unless we are able to confirm their identity.

Unfortunantly the images you have provided do not prove your identity because they are all publicy available on the profile in question.

If you can provide proof of the ownership of any two of the images you have provided and provide an official identification document with your name and photo on then we would be able to provide you access to the account.

To provide proof of image ownership could we ask you to send the original, unretouched file back to this email address please, as well as EITHER a screengrab of your cataloguing software showing other images from the same shoot OR two images from the same shoot that show different angles or times of day of the same subject.

If the image is a composite then please repeat this process for two or more of the key components of the image.

I understand your frustration, but we have to follow the law and cannot grant someone access to an account unless we are able to confirm their identity.

Unfortunantly the images you have provided do not prove your identity because they are all publicy available on the profile in question.

If you can provide proof of the ownership of any two of the images you have provided and provide an official identification document with your name and photo on then we would be able to provide you access to the account.

To provide proof of image ownership could we ask you to send the original, unretouched file back to this email address please, as well as EITHER a screengrab of your cataloguing software showing other images from the same shoot OR two images from the same shoot that show different angles or times of day of the same subject.

If the image is a composite then please repeat this process for two or more of the key components of the image.
Anyone can pilfer my photos right off their website, but this is what they want for ME to have access to my photos - the ones that are not public. I don't even understand the request.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back