Pastels and Watercolors (and a few other art media)

I never liked doing portraits but most of mine had to do with the dearly departed, so knowing it brought some sort of comfort to their survivors, I relented.

Fantastic, Terri. I love the way the cherries came out. You could just divide a page in half. Use a marker.

The next theme is yours.
Thank you! That's a good idea about the sketch book. I don't know why I always reach for 9x12 when I prefer to sketch smaller. :rolleyes:

I'll think on a theme but we'll give Sharon the weekend to catch up. :)

So, I guess tjis is related to the thread. The results of my latest shopping spree were deliverd today: a bottle of pen wash and a squeeze bulb to go with it (think rocket blower for camera sensors), a couple syringes for filling pens, 15 ink samples (a free 8-pack an assortment of brown inks, and two specific grey inks), a couple cartridge converters (like a syringe that replaces the ink cartidges), and two Lamy pens in their annual special edition colors - "Strawberry" and "Cream" (fine nibs). This pen company includes a lagnappe - a small gift.

View attachment 274407
This is an impressive new set of inks, Charlie! The names alone sound intriguing.

Iroshizuko is a line of Pilot inks. I love them though the colors are a bit limited (24). Not a big deal with a brush but I don't feel like mixing for a pen. Somewhere I have a list of what the Japanese translates to - things like Bamboo Charcoal, Moonlit Night, Autumn Leaves, and Beautyberry.

Most reactions

Back