Nikon d7200.... Nikon d7500.... Canon d80

Reda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi eveveryone
I am thinking of buying my first dslr camera... And I cant decide which one to get... I have always used bridge cameras... I used to own a lumix Fz300 and now i have a fz2500/2000 which is a great 4k video and still camera .. The only problem is in low light since it has a one inch censor.... I take mainly street photogphy and buildings.... Sometimes portrait ..... Now I am thinking of upgrading..... 4k videos are made by my fz2500/2000 ....... Please advise... And thanks in advance.

Last edited:
There is a ton of discussion on the D7200 vs the D7500 in this thread:
What do you think of the Nikon D7500 ??

I personally like the D7200 due to sensor size and price compared to the D7500. D7500 has some connectivity improvements and better video but a smaller sensor. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

If you don't need 4k in your new camera due existing camera has it covered I'd go between the d7200 and 80d. To be honest I have a d7200 and personally I find it the best camera I have used, but that 80d looks more user friendly, and likely better for video and live view focus.

The d7200 has fabulous image quality for a crop sensor camera, I'm sure the 80d is close, if it's ultimately image quality, Nikon, if you need a bit of video, canon, I'd safely say both will give very pleasant results

F7570720-D163-4D0B-8158-AE16F5B7E129.jpeg
I can’t really speak in a comparison as I’m relatively new to dslrs myself. But I can say that the D7500 is a great camera! I also come from bridge cameras and the results I’m getting from the D7500 are great.

The Blue Angels were at an airbase near my home this weekend, and I got this as they flew over the house....

Here's a website that compares various cameras and lenses against each other. Can be useful when trying to decide between various models. Nikon D7500 vs Nikon D7200 Detailed Comparison

Thanks for sharing this helpful comparison between Nikon D7200 and D7500, Actually I was very confused between the two, But yes i have taken a decision after reading your comparison.

Which did you decide on?

Most reactions

Back