New Visitors

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Still watching the birds and the bees... haha.. but have not seen these guys until last week...
_DSC4603.JPG
_DSC4626.JPG
_DSC6093.JPG
_DSC6124.JPG

Wonderful new neighbors you have there!

Edited to add: apologizes to the C&C mods, I didn't notice this was posted in this forum making my comment a bit lacking.

Last edited:
What colourful chaps (or chapettes!) - Nice set, well captured :encouragement:

thank you all.. i don't understand why i never get my messages from this forum.. i add watch and add that i want emails.. and nothing... so i can never keep up with new posts.........

I think you should try with lower ISO. It should reduce the noise.
Highlights seem too high on the curve.

thank you all.. i don't understand why i never get my messages from this forum.. i add watch and add that i want emails.. and nothing... so i can never keep up with new posts.........
You should describe what you trying to improve upon ... Posting To The C&C Gallery

Out of your set number 3 is the best, the second shot is the better one of the Grosbeak.

I am guessing that you are shooting is an auto or semi auto mode such as shutter or aperture priority. Out of the two I would suggest shutter priority and lower it to about 1/500 or so in lower light. Along with this if you’re not already in spot metering I would switch to that as well. This will help you control the shutter speed as well as help keep your ISO at a reasonable level.

So why did I pick the images I did?

Images 1 and three are technically very similar, however 2 and 3 are more photogenic poses.
Unless the subject is doing something that is quite interesting such as hanging upside down to get a berry or something similar, the 2/3 profile or over the shoulder look are a very good choice. Not always possible since they tend to not cooperate but if you can get that style of pose, use it.

Overall good images that are hindered by the ISO.

Last edited:
I think you should try with lower ISO. It should reduce the noise.
Highlights seem too high on the curve.
i think you are right.. i was in a rush... next time i will make sure..thanks

Out of your set number 3 is the best, the second shot is the better one of the Grosbeak.

I am guessing that you are shoo a an auto or semi auto mode such as shutter or aperture priority. Out of the two I would suggest shutter priority and lower it to about 1/500 or so in lower light. Along with this if you’re not already in spot metering I would switch to that as well. This will help you control the shutter speed as well as help keep your ISO at a reasonable level.

So why did I pick the images I did?

Images 1 and three are technically very similar, however 2 and 3 are more photogenic poses.
Unless the subject is doing something that is quite interesting such as hanging upside down to get a berry or something similar, the 2/3 profile or over the shoulder look are a very good choice. Not always possible since they tend to not cooperate but if you can get that style of pose, use it.

Overall good images that are hindered by the ISO.
thank you so much.. i knew something was off........

Most reactions

Back