My total solar eclipse experience!

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've witnessed partial solar eclipse before but never a total solar eclipse and I must say this was quite an experience! I didn't really know what to expect and I considered photographing it but I just don't have a long telephoto lens nor a proper solar filter for my lenses and I didn't want to spend the fiddling with the camera gear. I just wanted to sit back in my lawn chair with my solar glasses on and enjoy the once in a lifetime celestial event. I did capture a few snaps with my phone though.

I am fortunate enough to live where I do. I have big open area on my property. The amount of visitors in vermont was insane...everywhere was a bottleneck or so I heard. Glad I didn't leave my home! Stay here and enjoyed it. Although I wished I had friends and family to enjoy this rare experience with but that's just the way it goes.

Erwin-240408-87780.jpg

These were the glasses I wore. I also had shade 14 welding glass which worked as well but I didn't like the green look. These had an orange look and just looked more natural to me.

Erwin-240408-87779.jpg

Just as the moon started to creep in front of the sun, I noticed a really intense snow dog!! Thought that was really cool.

Erwin-240408-87781-Enhanced-SR.jpg

Erwin-240408-87783-Enhanced-SR.jpg

Erwin-240408-87785.jpg

Me enjoying the show!!

Erwin-240408-87786-Enhanced-SR.jpg

Almost at totality!

Erwin-240408-87793-Enhanced-SR.jpg

Here it is at totality! I couldn't get my dang phone to expose or focus right but I didn't spend much time trying. But soon as it got dark, I took my glasses off and it was like night time. Everything got really quiet and even in my tiny rural neighborhood, the clapping and cheering was such an exciting thing to hear. Some folks lit off fireworks too. It was pretty wild! I am REALLY glad the snow melted before this event, it was 62f sunny, clear skies...couldn't ask for better weather for this day. It was truly spectacular.

I did make a vlog video as well, it was intended for Instagram stories/reels or YouTube short but it was too long so I published it on YouTube.

It was pretty incredible! I tried to photo it, but the lens barrel was creeping back, and no way to lock it. I used a heavy duty ND filter, and that worked well. I got to view the eclipse on the camera panel, and it was a fantastic event!

Nice shots, you look like a cool dude with those eye protectors.... :icon_biggrin:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back