Mr Squirrel Comes to Visit and Stays to Chat

That stuff would put me in the ER! :lol:

That story I was telling about our daily visitor up there...? Here's a snap from earlier this evening. It's been raining all day and he's a wet squirrel, but nothing's going to keep him from his walnuts. Miss Finn is keeping him company.

20240411_193248.jpg

This thread makes me miss Squeeker. Although, technically, there were multiple Squeekers over the years.
I was able to train a few to do what I unimaginatively called the peanut trick. All they had to do was jump on the railing, face the window so I could take a picture, and wait on the ground for the peanut. Unfortunately the squirrels are few and far between here, I've seen less than a dozen in two years. The iguanas are just not the same....

20210531_095355 - Copy.jpg

This thread makes me miss Squeeker. Although, technically, there were multiple Squeekers over the years.
I was able to train a few to do what I unimaginatively called the peanut trick. All they had to do was jump on the railing, face the window so I could take a picture, and wait on the ground for the peanut. Unfortunately the squirrels are few and far between here, I've seen less than a dozen in two years. The iguanas are just not the same....

View attachment 273780
I'd probably be packing up if iguanas could jump up on the top of a fence... 😂
Wonderful squirrel set! Hope he stops by all summer for you
Thank you!
So jealous am i, squirrels are just to much fun🤪.
They are a lot of fun to watch!

Squirrels locally are getting pretty bold. I friend I know from the dog park has two cats,that he assumed were keeping squirrels away from his bird feeder. One morning he looked out, and the cats and squirrels were playing together in his back yard.

Squirrels locally are getting pretty bold. I friend I know from the dog park has two cats,that he assumed were keeping squirrels away from his bird feeder. One morning he looked out, and the cats and squirrels were playing together in his back yard.
They are for sure. The rabbits as well, apparently.

I love the stuff... I even have habanero and scotch bonnet infused honey in the pantry...
Hot Stuff! by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
There used to be a shop in St.Charles (near St. Louis,MO) that had a huge selection of products like that, much of it available in samples. It was so good that novices would tear up if they spent any time in the back room.

There used to be a shop in St.Charles (near St. Louis,MO) that had a huge selection of products like that, much of it available in samples. It was so good that novices would tear up if they spent any time in the back room.
There used to be a shop called St. Charles Shave, but sadly, they closed down. Still have some of their rose aftershave. As for hot stuff, my bar is pretty high. And speaking of hot, I upped the ante in the game with the squirrel, and purchased Cole's Blazing Hot Blend of bird seed, so we'll see. Need to set up a separate squirrel feeder, though.

There used to be a shop called St. Charles Shave, but sadly, they closed down. Still have some of their rose aftershave. As for hot stuff, my bar is pretty high. And speaking of hot, I upped the ante in the game with the squirrel, and purchased Cole's Blazing Hot Blend of bird seed, so we'll see. Need to set up a separate squirrel feeder, though.
Poor squirrels, naughty you🤣.

Most reactions

Back