MD-2 no rewind

Dave Maciak

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New to the site hoping someone can help me out.
MD-2 mounted on a perfectly working F2. Motor rewinds but will not advance film, not even an attempt or click. Battery condition LED's : only bottom light illuminates indicating failing or poor battery condition. Contacts all appear clean and free of corrosion or dirt. Very frustrating to say the least. As a retired EE suspect a possible "open" in some internal circuitry. What do you think? Advice welcome.
Thanks in advance

Only one LED will illuminate indicating dying batteries. Make sure you use 1.5 volt Alkaline vs 1.2 volt rechargeable as I believe that motor is looking for 1.5v cell voltages.

Its been a awhile since my F2 days but I recall a window on the back of the MD-2 where you will see a count down frame counter. If it is at "0" it will not advance, this is a safety feature to prevent it ripping the film off the spool or tearing out the perforations. After rewinding a film the counter should reset to "S" with fully charged batteries and allow you to advance film on the makeup spool. One must set this dial at the frame count of the roll of film so as to not over wind a 20 exposure with the count down frame counter set to 36.

HELP!
I tried new batteries to make the MD2 to work, even measured them with my Fluke and they were perfect. Can anybody recommend a reliable repair source? Any experience with Nikon service? Your advice is welcome.
get the image

See post #3 ^^

New to the site hoping someone can help me out.
MD-2 mounted on a perfectly working F2. Motor rewinds but will not advance film, not even an attempt or click. Battery condition LED's : only bottom light illuminates indicating failing or poor battery condition. Contacts all appear clean and free of corrosion or dirt. Very frustrating to say the least. As a retired EE suspect a possible "open" in some internal circuitry. What do you think? Advice welcome.
Thanks in advance

Can anybody recommend a good repair person/company to fix this MD-2?? It just bugs the hell out of me sitting there broken--it deserves better!

Where are you located? North east, Mid west, South west, etc. Might help some to steer you there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back