In the Mississippi Floodplain

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Stopped by Fluts Ill. yesterday am. It was overcast but with visible clouds. I caught some snapshots. Fuji X-T4 w/16-55mm

Saint Johns
Trees along the tracks
Small farm

Saint_Johns.jpg

trees-tracks.jpg

small-farm.jpg

Sweet shots. The land does look flat and lush, as you described being in the floodplain.

I like the look of the church. The tower roof looks like tin.

Sweet shots. The land does look flat and lush, as you described being in the floodplain.

I like the look of the church. The tower roof looks like tin.
With a population of 26 I'm surprised to find the church there at all. It's in some disrepair right now. I've seen it looking better. This below from April 2017.

St-johns.jpg

Is this near Grafton? The farm looks familiar. I like that the clouds compliment the church in the first photo.

Is this near Grafton? The farm looks familiar. I like that the clouds compliment the church in the first photo.
It's in the other direction -- south down Ill 3. Fluts is real easy to miss it's so small. The farm is back up the bluff rd. 1.5 miles north of town. Here's the Google map coordinates for Fluts: 38°09'56.1"N 90°12'50.6"W You say you're near St. Louis. I live on The Hill. Where's near St. Louis?

It's in the other direction -- south down Ill 3. Fluts is real easy to miss it's so small. The farm is back up the bluff rd. 1.5 miles north of town. Here's the Google map coordinates for Fluts: 38°09'56.1"N 90°12'50.6"W You say you're near St. Louis. I live on The Hill. Where's near St. Louis?
I am east of SIUe and a little south. Near corn fields and soy beans. Love Zia's on the Hill and the MO Baking Co

I am east of SIUe and a little south. Near corn fields and soy beans. Love Zia's on the Hill and the MO Baking Co
OK, across the river around Edwardsville -- university town.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back