Help with lense

crf8

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Sony 6300 mirrorless I use for personal use. Landscape and architecture, some nature & animals.

The Sony lense that came with the camera has what looks like 3 bubbles in the glass. It is not external so I can’t touch them. I am tired of fixing the 3 areas in post processing.

I just want to throw it away and get another basic lense. I would consider prime but want autofocus. I have a low cost grey market Sony telephoto lense that I am happy with.

So I need suggestions please.

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/

In modern lenses one should not find bubbles in the glass. It used to be acceptable, but with modern manufacturing techniques, particularly quality control inspections, it should not happen. If it is still under warranty, send it back immediately. In fact, even if it is outside of warranty send it back anyway. They might decide to replace it beyond the warranty. Otherwise, you could sell it "for parts".

In modern lenses one should not find bubbles in the glass. It used to be acceptable, but with modern manufacturing techniques, particularly quality control inspections, it should not happen. If it is still under warranty, send it back immediately. In fact, even if it is outside of warranty send it back anyway. They might decide to replace it beyond the warranty. Otherwise, you could sell it "for parts".

Warranty was up before I realized the problem. I thought I had spots or dirt on the lens exterior. I might send it back but I need a lens in the interim.

I have a Sony 6300 mirrorless I use for personal use. Landscape and architecture, some nature & animals.

The Sony lense that came with the camera has what looks like 3 bubbles in the glass. It is not external so I can’t touch them. I am tired of fixing the 3 areas in post processing.

I just want to throw it away and get another basic lense. I would consider prime but want autofocus. I have a low cost grey market Sony telephoto lense that I am happy with.

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/

Air bubbles in lenses don't show up in images. If you're fixing something in post it has a different cause.

Joe

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/

Air bubbles in lenses don't show up in images. If you're fixing something in post it has a different cause.

Joe

Ok I’ll have to post from the computer.
Note that only the one lense has this issue. My telephoto lense is fine. The spots are always in the upper right of image.

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/

IMG_2050.JPG
look above the word FIFi , half way to the top of image, 3 round spots

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/

Sure look like sensor spots to me...

Most reactions

Back