Help/Advice

Fujidave

Blue eyed and Beautiful
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi folks I hope some members who own the Fuji X-T20. Today was my very first try using BBF, I set it to the AF-L as I find it easier, so Susie and I went to the park and it was ok when she stayed still but when she ran about they were not in focus. My settings were X-T20 on BBF high shutter speed which I think was 1/800 and full manual mode, is there another setting I should switch on and sorry if this is a silly question.

I am not a Fuji user but doesn't AF-L lock the focus on half=press or BBF press? You want Continous AF (C-AF) on my camera, not sure on Fuji, when shooting moving subjects. My guess is when you do the initial focus it locks on and when the dog moves you are still on the original focus.

I am not a Fuji user but doesn't AF-L lock the focus on half=press or BBF press? You want Continous AF (C-AF) on my camera, not sure on Fuji, when shooting moving subjects. My guess is when you do the initial focus it locks on and when the dog moves you are still on the original focus.

Thank you, it does keep focus but I am sure there is something else on the camera that I should do/set but just can`t figure it out.

Thank you, it does keep focus but I am sure there is something else on the camera that I should do/set but just can`t figure it out.

But you said it doesn't keep focus. And I probably gave you your answer. AF-L will do an initial lock on focus and not change. You need to use AF-C for continuous focus. This will constantly keep the subject in focus and not lock on. It is needed for moving subjects.

But you said it doesn't keep focus. And I probably gave you your answer. AF-L will do an initial lock on focus and not change. You need to use AF-C for continuous focus. This will constantly keep the subject in focus and not lock on. It is needed for moving subjects.

Sorry I misread your answer, I totally forgot to switch the AF-C on. Will make sure I do next time, so thank you.

You are spot on, as checked the X-T20 and it was only on a fast shutter speed, ooops and a red face for me.

@BrentC Just want to say Thank you very much again for the help. Went to the park today with Susie, had the X-T20 + XF 35mm f2 on and set it all up the right way, and chuffed I got a couple of keepers thanks to you, just need practice now.

Size of the AF area is also adjustable. Have you checked it and the manual for the size recommendations?

Size of the AF area is also adjustable. Have you checked it and the manual for the size recommendations?

Thank you, once I managed to set it up right I had it on AF-C and Zone. Just waiting for nice weather now and then I will put on the XC 50-230mm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back