Having trouble winding my olympus pen ee3

claire1015

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there!
I bought a Olympus pen ee3 a couple of months ago and have been trying to figure out how to use it. I read the manual and everything, but just can't figure out how to wind the camera properly. I was able to successfully wind at one point and even got the film counter to go up to 1. But afterwards, I don't know if I did something wrong or something else, because now I can no longer move the black winder to the rightand when I press down the shoot button, it doesn't make a clicking sound (it makes a sound but not the sound it makes when it takes an actual photo). Additionally, the small black button on the bottom of the camera body is pushed in. As a result, I am unable to wind the camera and get the counter to 1, so that I can actually shoot some pictures.

Can anybody help me figure out a solution?
Thanks!

I think you should begin the rewind process, only stop as soon as the film disengages from the take-up spool. You should feel the film "let go", and the winding will become easier. At that point, stop the rewind and open the back. If you've done it correctly, you should have a leader coming out of the film canister so you can start over with that same roll.

While the back is open, verify the correct operation of the take-up spool and shutter before re-loading the film.

Next time, don't press the rewind button until the roll is done.

I think you should begin the rewind process, only stop as soon as the film disengages from the take-up spool. You should feel the film "let go", and the winding will become easier. At that point, stop the rewind and open the back. If you've done it correctly, you should have a leader coming out of the film canister so you can start over with that same roll.

While the back is open, verify the correct operation of the take-up spool and shutter before re-loading the film.

Next time, don't press the rewind button until the roll is done.

I only had a little bit of the film in, before it stopped letting me push the winder to the right. I rewinded and had a leader coming out of the canister. However, the button on the bottom did not pop out.

Your Pen is designed so that you can only wind one frame, then the shutter must be released before you can wind it again. This keeps you from skipping frames and/or taking multiple shots on the same frame.

Next, with the camera set on Auto mode, if there is not enough light for an exposure, the release button will be blocked as it is pressed. This was to keep you from taking photos when there wasn't enough light.

First, try pointing your camera toward a bright light and gently press the release button. It should release. If not, it may be that the metering system no longer functions. Try setting the camera on the manual aperture settings and press the release button again. If that doesn't do it, the camera needs service.

At the end of a roll of film, or any time you decide to remove the film, you will need to press the button on the bottom of the camera >in< to disengage the sprocket inside so that you can rewind the film into it's cassette before the back cover is opened. Once that button has been pressed, it is designed so that during the next wind stroke, it should pop back out to re-engage the sprocket.

Hope this helps -- best of luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back