GAS hit me....

[...] Yes you read that right, a zoom lens that outperformed many single focal length lenses!

Which to my best knowledge was the only time any zoom ever archieved this.

yes I think that might be the only zoom lens I have ever heard of that was substantially better than multiple prime lenses from several manufacturers. A few years back one of the hard-core landscape sites tested it against hand-picked or cherry-picked samples of various wide angle lenses from Zeiss,Canon,and Nikon....The 14 to 24 f/2.8 from Nikon out-performed several exceptionally good wide-angle primes from three of the leading makers of lenses. Quite an accomplishment… There was a time when the 14 to 24 Nikon was a highly, highly coveted lens... that was several years ago, and almost everyone who wanted one has been able to get one since then. Part of the reason is that a good wide-angle lens is difficult to design, and the 14 to 24 was a 21st century design, and not the
a design that was 30, 40, or 50 years of age.

Good for you, the 14~24 F2.8G is a beast. Mine gets lots of use, in fact I don't know if I could do without it. Odd though, back in the film era, 14mm was considered way too wide, how times have changed LOL.

Reactions: D7K

Most reactions

New Topics

Back