Gardeners! Share your garden photos and garden chatter here.

Problem in S.Ontario is squirrels ransacking spring bulbs planted in the fall. Little $hits love the expensive varieties--rodent truffles. Fine mesh plastic netting anchored to beds keeps them at bay--mostly!
Buggers hey, i didn't know they done this😂.

Whats in this bunny begone spray? When i got Thumper and Binky last year they were eating everything out in the backyard, had to put wire around all the young plants.

Now i just keep there bellys full and there basically not eating the garden anymore and the wires gone🤣.

These are not pet bunnies! This is a literal herd of bunnies that has taken over most of my neighborhood. I have my backyard garden fenced in with chicken wire to keep them away from my perennials but in front of my house where I planted all of my tulips they free rein. I don’t want chicken wire all along the fence in front of my house.

I’ll be doing this!

IMG_7687.jpeg

Expecting light frost Wednesday and Thursday overnights. I'm not surprised but I am impatient. I have a ton of planting to do before I head out of town for the last 10 days of May. Glads, dahlias, snap dragons, callas... I'd love to get started but I have to wait.

Yesterday I bought a new tree. The Ivory Silk Lilac that I bought online and planted last year did not survive. No idea why as it seemed healthy when I planted it but it dropped it's leaves mid September was showing no signs of life this spring so I did a scratch test and, sadly, it was dead. The online nursery offered 50% credit which I'll use on something else. The replacement tree I got at our local nursery is huge - 10-12' tall. They can't deliver until end of the month but that's ok as I need to get out there and remove the smaller dead tree and dig a much bigger hole for the new tree. Fun stuff.

Looks like a mini desert in a pot. What plant is that?

It's my wifey's plants. I'll have to ask her and will get back to you on that. She's out shopping with her friends and it's the gallows for me if I interrupted those ladies' hunt for discounted fashion treasure. ;)

edit - @lisam, My wife does not know the name of the plant. It was given to her by a neighbor because at the time the plant was not doing well and it's pretty well known on the block that she has the proverbial green thumb. I'll do a search and let you know when I find out what it is, The plot thickens.

Last edited:
It's my wifey's plants. I'll have to ask her and will get back to you on that. She's out shopping with her friends and it's the gallows for me if I interrupted those ladies' hunt for discounted fashion treasure. ;)

edit - @lisam, My wife does not know the name of the plant. It was given to her by a neighbor because at the time the plant was not doing well and it's pretty well known on the block that she has the proverbial green thumb. I'll do a search and let you know when I find out what it is, The plot thickens.
It's a type of succulent, an ice plant variety 🙏

It's a type of succulent, an ice plant variety 🙏

Thanks much paigew, I was having a difficult time looking for a plant that I knew nothing about other than how my wife is cultivating it to make it look the way it does.

We've got a couple ornamental cranberry shrubs edging the garden. Big surprise the biggest one has flowers on it. They rarely have flowers and now there's a cluster of about 1/2 dozen -- first time in years. They look very much like miniature hydrangea flowers.

cranberry.jpg

Most reactions

Back