FIRST SHOTS EVER ON AN X-T5.

OK, so spill: what shocked you?
First and foremost, I think I was shocked how light the combo was. Coming from an X-T4 and the 16-55 zoom, carrying around that combo felt like a task. The XT5 + the 27mm just felt effortless. I actually walked two miles on the video above, and it never felt like I had a camera on me. Think the second thing that shocked me was, image quality. I still can't tell if it's the camera doing the most work, or if the glass in the 27mm is better than I expected. Very clean and crisp image, even in the corners...and the focusing was spot on too. Prior to me getting that setup, I was looking at the X100VI but I just couldn't bring myself to being locked in on one focal length. I think if people used the XT5 and 27mm pancake...they wouldn't be so hard pressed to get on the 100VI. 50mm is my favorite focal length but, once again the 40mm equiv shocked me also. Thing felt wide enough for me, but not too wide...and I was still able to frame things close enough to how I would with the 50mm equiv focal length. I dunno, just happy with it all. Wasn't expecting it this soon.

It's a sleeper system. Fujinon glass is superb. Have the "Fujicron" primes: 16, 23, 35 and 50. Love 'em.
The X-T body design was miles ahead of the competition in 2014. Got NOS X-T1 bodies(black and Silver Graphite) for peanuts a few years ago. That generation 16mp sensor and processor are very sweet. I do find that the battery grip(pricey but used occasionally surfaces)really improves the ergonomics. Adapters let you play with older manual lenses. Enjoy my X-100T for street and candids. You either "get" Fuji or you don't.Have fun!

Most reactions

Back