Exacta Owners!: Lens Donation

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have two lenses, a Meyer Optik Gorlitz 35mm and a Carl Zeiss Tessar 50mm. I'm not sure of the speed. I can post it when I get home.
These are both stop down / preset lenses. They've been in my closet for close to 40 years so I'm sure they could use a little CLA. I'm not even sure where I got them. I had a Zeiss Pancolor on my VXIIa that was a hair splitter. The Pancolor had an automatic diaphram so I'm sure I never used these.

For the young Bucks and Does here, pre-set lenses were lenses that the aperture was "preset" using a retainer ring.
Using the retainer ring, The lens would then be opened for focusing.
The retainer would then again be twisted to stop the lens down to the predetermined setting just before snapping the photo.
These were not necessarily second rate lenses. I still have a pre-set 300mm Kilfitt, in a pre AI Nikon mount, that holds it's valve at several hundred dollars.

I'll ship them as found and let the new owner clean 'em up.

If you're truely interested, post it here.

Last edited:
Just for reference, I believe this is a f/2.8 lens. Has a great MFD as well! I hope this one finds a good home. ;)

Just for reference, I believe this is a f/2.8 lens. Has a great MFD as well! I hope this one finds a good home. ;)

Are you referring to the Zeiss? Could be. I'm pretty sure Meyer is slower. If I remember right, it might be 4.5

No but I've been trying to find one.

I'll make you a deal. If no Exakta owners are interested, I'll put hem back on the shelf. When you get one, let me know and they're yours. Just post a shot of you with your Exakta.

good form Rick! sharing the love!

Thanks, but I think I'm showing my age. The demand for changing bags and Exakta lenses seems to have dwindled :lol:

The funny thing is, I posted both of these items as an after thought of fairly recent threads. There were discussions on changing bags and Exaktas just recently, so, I thought I'd put them to good use instead of filling my closet. :scratch:

Thanks, but I think I'm showing my age. The demand for changing bags and Exakta lenses seems to have dwindled :lol:

The funny thing is, I posted both of these items as an after thought of fairly recent threads. There were discussions on changing bags and Exaktas just recently, so, I thought I'd put them to good use instead of filling my closet. :scratch:

there HAS been a bit of a resurgence of older camera tech interest here lately. people looking to get into older 35mm stuff, medium format, and rangefinders. or, people that already have that stuff, but are just getting into it a little more lately. we have a few members here with quite the collection of older camera gear that they still use. hopefully they will see this thread and weigh in. do you have any pics of the lenses? i would love to see them. the older lenses have so much personality.

there HAS been a bit of a resurgence of older camera tech interest here lately. people looking to get into older 35mm stuff, medium format, and rangefinders. or, people that already have that stuff, but are just getting into it a little more lately. we have a few members here with quite the collection of older camera gear that they still use. hopefully they will see this thread and weigh in. do you have any pics of the lenses? i would love to see them. the older lenses have so much personality.

I don't have any, but I can sure change that. I'm hoping to get my stuff out today to test the Kilfitt and retake the door and chair photo from a thread earlier this week. When I do I'll snap a couple.

I don't have any, but I can sure change that. I'm hoping to get my stuff out today to test the Kilfitt and retake the door and chair photo from a thread earlier this week. When I do I'll snap a couple.

getting rid of older stuff can be tough. ive STILL got a minty fuji 135mm f/2.8 that i cant give away.
thought about just replacing the fuji camera. saw one a few months ago in great shape with a 50mm on it, but really just couldn't drum up enough interest to actually feel i would shoot with it.

getting rid of older stuff can be tough. ive STILL got a minty fuji 135mm f/2.8 that i cant give away.
thought about just replacing the fuji camera. saw one a few months ago in great shape with a 50mm on it, but really just couldn't drum up enough interest to actually feel i would shoot with it.

Yeah, I don't even like to think about my closet filled with my Crown Graphics, RB67, Bronica's,F2's and assortment of lenses. Just to think about the money I have invested makes me close the door and walk away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back