Disappointed!

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I developed the 4x5 negs taken a few weeks ago with the 90mm Schneider Super Angulon wide angle lens and all I can say is that the lens is not worth all that money! It's not as sharp as many claim it to be.

Oh well...

You should be able to produce tack sharp photographs with just about any quality LF lens and the Schneider SA's are no exception.

Post your results, with the particulars and we should be able to figure out the issues.

Schneider makes good stuff...I'd like to see what you're disappointed with...

You should be able to produce tack sharp photographs with just about any quality LF lens and the Schneider SA's are no exception.

Post your results, with the particulars and we should be able to figure out the issues.

I'd like to see, as well, Dimitri. Are the images soft in the corners, or soft throughout? Were you shut down, wide open? Schneider has such a great reputation, I'm curious to see.

Terri, there is softness in the corners and I shot at f32 and f22. I'll post an example soon.

hmmmph. Shut way down and still soft corners. Sounds similar to what my Mamiya 35mm f/3.5 WA does. It's just not *quite* the glass as the rest of my Mamiya lenses, for all that is has a great 90 degree angle of view. It's not horrible, especially shut down, but yeah...not edge to edge sharpness, either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back