Dark Atmosphere - Lighting Setup Idea

Atemos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys !

Do you have any idea how I can get a similar light?

* An overall dark atmosphere
* A very soft light that mainly touches the model without going on the background

I was thinking about a parabolic softbox with honeycomb and a simple reflector .. What do you think ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site.

A softbox will certainly diffuse the light. To keep the background dark, use a fast shutter speed.

PS. Please post links to images that aren't yours or you don't have permission to post, such as creative commons.

Thinking on it a bit more, don't use an automatic ISO setting, and go low.

A softbox can give you the proper lighting. To keep the background dark, use a fast shutter speed. Remind that before photoshoot anything you have to manage the proper lighting system and maybe softbox can help you. Carry on

Hey guys !

Do you have any idea how I can get a similar light?

* An overall dark atmosphere
* A very soft light that mainly touches the model without going on the background

I was thinking about a parabolic softbox with honeycomb and a simple reflector .. What do you think ?
I could probably help you with the lighting but the pic you linked is no longer available to see what you are talking about.
Can you actually post something here?
I shoot everything from beauty lighting to B&W bodyscapes, so familiar with most types of lighting!
SS

Most reactions

Back